Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Got to Scrap!

The past few days and the rest of the week have been/will be very busy!  My oldest daughter is doing a Princess Camp this week at our local dance studio and in the evenings our church has had VBS.  So between playing taxi, running errands, doing laundry, cleaning, preparing for VBS, teaching at VBS and anything else that I haven't thought of...I haven't had much time for scrapping!  :(  But I wanted to try to squeeze in some pages here and there if I could, so today I worked on the 7.7 sketch for Sketchy Thursdays.  I love the outlined letters technique (it was one of the challenges for the 1 Hour Challenge at Club CK last week) and decided to use it again on this page.  I was glad to see a banner on the sketch, because I always love adding a banner to my page.  For this banner, I used a piece of baker's twine and then folded my half circles and full circles over the twine.  I also added a few dots from a pack of Thickers above the half circles.  For a little more texture, I used the paper crimper on some kraft circles to make a few fun circle embellies.





Products Used:

Paper:  The Paper Studio
Thickers:  American Crafts
Tiny Type:  Cosmo Cricket
Pen:  Zig
Paper Crimper:  Fiskars
Brads:  The Paper Studio
Stitching:  Singer
Pom Pom Trim:  Wright's
Other:  Buttons & Baker's Twine

5 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love messy face pictures! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely take on this weeks sketch.
    Thanks for playing with ST. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toooooooooo cute! I loveeeeeeee those photos and love love love love the banner you did! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO! Lots of fun ideas and cool techniques on it. The ones that you get to try out new ideas are always the best.
    Hope things calm down a little for you soon. Some weeks are like that.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the crimpd kraft circles, and those photos are a hoot! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete