Monday, June 4, 2012

"Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys!"

Although it's highly unlikely that our adorable (just recently turned 3) little guy is going to grow up to be a cowboy, it is still fun to make a visit to the Wild West, using October Afternoon's Sasparilla collection.  I really love the red's, yellow's, and blue's in this line and all of the fun western prints.  OA has always been a favorite manufacturer of mine and it is just so hard to resist buying every collection they put out!  :)  I did this layout Friday night at the monthly crop I attend.  Believe it or not, it was a challenge free layout...no challenges, no DT work for this one.  I just loved this photo of our little guy from our recent visit to the Zoo and knew that I wanted to work with the Sasparilla line for this page.




 
I did also mix in a patterned paper from the new 9 to 5 line (the dark wood grain) and one of the new 9 to 5 Washi Tapes.  That is another favorite thing of mine, about the OA lines...you can mix and match the different lines so easily.  My friend asked me Friday night, if there was any patterned paper from the Sasparilla line, that I didn't use on this page!!  :)  I will admit that I am a patterned paper junkie and I just love filling my pages with all of the fun patterns and colors.  I rarely use solids, but I can do that too, when I put my mind to it.  I added some hand stitching and machine stitching to my page, to add some texture and just that little something extra!

Products Used:  Patterned Paper, Stickers, Buttons, Washi Tape:  October Afternoon; Cardstock & Brads:  The Paper Studio; Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn; Punch:  Marvy; Font:  Typewriter

And, in my excitement on Friday, when I announced that I would be joining the Get It Scrapped! Creative Team, I forgot to post the image introducing all of the other talented Ladies that I will be working with on the Team.

 
Several of the Ladies, I already "know" from serving on current Design Teams with them and others are Ladies I am looking forward to getting to know!  If you haven't been over to Get It Scrapped!, I highly recommend checking things out!  Debbie Hodge, has a wealth of information packed into all of her sites and there is so much to learn and be inspired by.  I am already working on my first assignments for the coming month and I can't wait to share them with you!!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! I started seeing your work on FB and I jsut love your style~always great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the DT spot. That's fabulous news. This layout is another cute and adorable one! I wish I had little kids again. You did an amazing job us the OA line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and perfect for that photo and your adorable little boy! And congrats! Such totally awesome news! You will rock it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS to you--that is SO exciting!! GREAT page as well--so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the DT...how exciting!
    Love your layout too, so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is really cute! I love the cloud, the little border of buildings, and the great stitching! That OA line fits so perfectly with your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS on the DT!! That's AWESOME!!! And love love love love love your lo!! That photo is BEYOND CUTE!!!! And loving all the cowboy embellies and that cloud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That line was one that I totally didn't think I needed to have until I saw a layout that you made with it earlier and I went out and bought it! lol I love your layout, and the picture is stinkin adorable!! Glad you had a good time at the crop too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Argh! I cam to the annoying song layout! I stayed because it's awesome! I love the mix of patterns you put on here. Not sure I could have pulled that off.

    ReplyDelete