Monday, April 18, 2011

The Dreaded Birthday Layout!

Birthday layouts have to be my most difficult ones to scrap.  I don't know why...maybe high expectations, not great pictures, too many pictures...who knows the reason.  But this year, my daughter wanted a Princess theme for her 5th birthday, so I already had a great theme to work with.  So add in a great sketch from Sketchy Thursdays, a Fabulous Friday Challenge from Frosted Designs for some great hand-made embellies, and some awesome papers from Crate Paper and what do you get...probably my favorite birthday layout to date!!

I loved these paper flowers that I saw on the October Afternoon blog and thought they would be great for the hand-made embellies for the Fabulous Friday challenge.  They look kind of complicated, but are super easy and beautiful.  Check them out here:  http://octoberafternoon.typepad.com/october_afternoon/2011/03/tuesday-tutorial-paper-flowers.html



and the sketch from Sketchy Thursdays:



Products Used:

Paper & Stickers:  Crate Paper
Marker & Pen:  Marvy
Brads:  Spare Parts
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Thickers:  American Crafts
Fonts:  Book Antiqua
Ribbon:  CTMH & Misc.
Buttons:  Misc.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Ashley! Christmas layouts are the hardest for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!!!!!
    Love your handmade paper flowers:)
    Thanks so much for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done an amazing job of this LO, the colors are perfect, photos are perfect, I love everything about it, you should not have been worried about doing it, it's just fantastic.

    Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs, and I do look forward to seeing more of your work

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fab job on the layout. What a fun theme to have for a little girls party. I love the stitching and the flowers. Awesome Job! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!So CUTE!!!
    Your flowers are wonderful!!!
    Thanks for playing along with ST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is BEAUTIFUL! I Loveeeeeeee the photos and loving the way you used Emma's Shoppe from Crate! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute! i am in love with those emma's shoppe papers. thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ashley! Your page is gorgeous! Love the flowers you made! They are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! I'm going to check out that tutorial right now!

    ReplyDelete