Friday, November 18, 2011

A BIG Surprise!

Earlier this week, I was contacted by my friend and fellow Club CK Peep, Erika Hayes.  She has been hosting a Weekly Challenge at Club CK for over a year now, known as the Issue Challenge.  The concept of the challenge, is taking inspiration from each month's magazine and challenging the players to use that inspiration in their project or layout.  I have been playing along since the first challenge and haven't missed a week yet!  These are great ways to get out of your comfort zone and find a jumping off point in your creativity. 

Anywho, Erika asked if she could use one of the sketches I've been working on as this week's inspiration for the challenge!  She wants to start incorporating a Player's Challenge too each month and I am so honored to be the first one to kick that off!  And if all of that isn't enough, she contacted me again yesterday afternoon and said that she had been asked to be the Contributing Writer for today's Creating Keepsakes Blog post, featuring the Issue Challenge for this week, which just happens to be my Sketch!  WOW!  I am still super-excited and excited for Erika for being today's writer!!

Here is the Sketch for the challenge and the layout I did based on it:

   

Products Used:

Paper:  Crate Paper
Stickers & Embellishments:  Crate Paper
Ink:  Memento
Thickers:  American Crafts
Teeny Alphas:  Glitz Design
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Pen:  Zig
Brads:  The Paper Studio
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery

I would also like to share the sample layout that Erika created from the sketch, to post along with the challenge:


She did such a great job and I love how she added another photo and the fun way she did her title!  That corrugated heart is too, too cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment