Friday, November 18, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!

Can you believe that Christmas is a little over a month away??  Are you ready??  If you're like me, probably not!!  :)  I always have grand dreams of all of the crafty goodness I am going to get done during the Christmas season and usually if I make it through my Christmas cards, I am happy.  Well, this year I decided to get a head start on Christmas and get my December Daily album ready for all of the great pictures I'm planning to take!  What's a December Daily you ask?  Basically, it's a pre-made album for each day in December (mine only goes up to December 25, but you can do the whole month if you want to) and you can take a photo or photos each day and add them to your album.  It's a really fun idea that was originally started by Ali Edwards and once you are done, you have a great little mini to document all of the fun Christmas festivities!

I was able to create this album with 99% of supplies from my LSS, ScrapHappy.  I decided to go a little different route with this one and mix papers from the Simple Stories 25 Days of Christmas line and Jillibean Soup's Christmas Eve Chowder line.  I thought it would be fun to mix in a little bit of the traditional Christmas look, with a little of the more contemporary and I love the way it turned out!  For the front and back covers of my album, I got some of the 8x6 acrylic sheets from the store.  These are great to decorate, and help protect the pages in your album.  The binder rings are also available in the store and I just used my Crop-a-Dile to punch through the acrylic and add the rings.  To create the base for my pages, I took some old cardstock and cut it to 8x6 pages and then cut and added my patterned paper to the front and back.  Once I had the bases, I added the numbers for each day and then started decorating.  Here is my finished product:





















I hope you enjoyed seeing how I made my December Daily and that you will take time to do one too this year!  There is no formula or directions, just have fun and start creating!!

Products Used:

Papers:  Simple Stories, Jillibean Soup, Tim Holtz, Teresa Collins
Clips:  Basic Grey
Stick Pins: Little Yellow Bicycle
Buttons:  My Mind's Eye
Chipboard Buttons:  Jenni Bowlin
Pearl Accents:  KaiserCraft
Letter Stickers:  My Little Shoebox & Doodlebug Design Inc.
Other:  Ribbon & Poinsettia Flowers

5 comments:

  1. Your album looks great! I have my supplies for my December Daily but haven't had the time to create it! Can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ashley!! I have seen alot of these lately, but yours makes me want to make my own!! Amazing job!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Can't wait to see it all filled up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome...love the style and colors!!! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so love your december daily! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete