Monday, October 8, 2012

ScrapFIT Step Class #9: Paper Piecing

Hi Everyone!!  :)  I have another fun Step Class lined up today at ScrapFIT and it is definitely one, that any paper crafter can be a part of!  This month, we will be focusing on Paper Piecing!  If you're like me, I'm sure you have more paper than you know what to do with.  Sometimes it's fun to just get creative with those papers and make your own fun embellishments.  Paper Piecing is really fun and simple.  It's basically cutting and putting together.  You can use electronic dies for layered paper pieced embellishments or free hand, if you are a brave soul.  I did a mix of both.

I'll show you what I did to create a paper pieced Cupcake for a birthday layout:

  
1.  First, I used my Expression, to cut a scalloped circle.  You could also use a punch or try it with decorative edged scissors.


2.  I cut a trapezoid shape from my patterned paper and then used my Expression once again, to cut a cloud shape.


3.  Next, I used a small hole punch to punch out some circles.


4.  Finally, just adhere it together and add in some pop dots for extra dimension.  I also added a wood veneer star and two flags behind my cupcake.

And here is what the finished layout looks like:




You are welcome to let your imagination have fun with this challenge - you do not have to do a cupcake!!  :)  If you would like some ideas for Paper Piecing, check out Pinterest. 

So make sure you come over to ScrapFIT and link up for a chance to be our featured Step Class FITgirl and have your project displayed on the Blog for a whole month!

You have until October 21 to link up your project---I will announce the winner on October 22.


5 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL Ashley!! I love love love that cupcake, the photos, the title work...just WOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, this is my FAVE of every layout you have made, this is sooo cute and just screams "birthday!!" love the cupcake, the title, all of it, and your FF layout with the doilies is great too, you are on a crafty roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this page is awesome!! I love all of the fun embellies and how you did the negatives of the words!! too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love what you did to make the cute cupcake! It is the star of your page! (Well, besides your cute little boy! He is adorable!) I hope to be able to do this fun challenge! Your page is so great on so many levels! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cupcake is so cute...lovely layout as usual.

    ReplyDelete