Friday, July 13, 2018

Traveler's Notebook | Pool Rules

Who's happy it's Friday??!!  I know I am!  We're half way through summer and we've taken a couple of trips over to the neighborhood pool.  Honestly, it's been too hot even to go to the pool!  HA!  I've made sure to take some photos of the kids while we've been there, because I love documenting summer layouts.  Today I have a new layout in my Traveler's Notebook, with a full page photo from one of our trips to the pool.


  
It's so fun to use a full page photo in the TN!  I loved this photo of our oldest daughter and the Teal color of the pool water.  I placed it next to a Yellow patterned from Pink Paislee to give a bright contrast.  I also incorporated the Crate Paper Oasis stamp set and some of the fun puffy stickers.  You can find some of the Oasis collection HERE in the Scrapbook.com store.


Before creating this layout, I had the idea in my head to fussy cut these cute frames from the Pick Me Up patterned paper from Pink Paislee and stamp inside each one.  After fussy cutting the frames, I machine stitched around each one before adding it to the layout.  I used three of my favorite Color Theory Inks from Studio Calico to stamp phrases inside each frame, with the Oasis alpha stamp. 


And like I said before, I am having so much fun using my stamps in the TN, so I had to bring in one more.  The sun design from the Studio Calico Alfresco 6x8 stamp worked perfectly with the theme of this layout.  I stamped it in Black ink to make it really stand out on the spread.   


I finished the layout with a few Oasis stickers, and added some texture with my tiny attacher.  And I used the White alpha stickers from the Pinkfresh Studio Simple & Sweet collection to add the title.  I found THIS fun Washi Tape from an Etsy shop and just had to have it!  I love the way it looks and placed it in the bottom corner, layered over my photo. 

What are your favorite moments to document?  Everyday moments are definitely my favorite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment