Wednesday, June 29, 2011

PageMaps Best Creations Sketch Contest

When I am in need of a great sketch...PageMaps is my favorite go-to spot!  So when I saw they were having a Best Creations contest (and offering a pretty awesome prize), I couldn't resist coming up with an entry.  I wanted to go with a sweet, girly look on this lo and my inspiration came from the Studio Calico pp on the bottom half of my lo.  I loved the colors in the paper and the banner design.  I pulled several papers from Glitz Designs, October Afternoon, Crate Paper, and Bazzill to pair with the Studio Calico page and I really like how they worked together.  I used SCAL to cut the little brown "banner" across the middle section of my page, to mimic the banner in the paper.  Here is my finished product:



Products Used:

Papers:  Glitz Designs, Studio Calico, Crate Paper, October Afternoon, Bazzill
Thickers:  American Crafts
Floral Embellishment:  Recollections
Brads:  Recollections
Pearl Embellishments:  Close to My Heart
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Pen:  Zig
Other:  Ribbon, Baker's Twine
Font:  ScrapBaby

1 comment:

  1. I think this looks fantastic Ashley! Love the colors you used and I LOVE that SC paper too!! :) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete