Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This One Makes Me Smile!

Our son just turned two on June 1.  When I took him to the pediatrician for his check-up, she suggested starting him in speech therapy, because he was not putting two or more words together.  Don't get me wrong, he can say a lot of words, but is completely stubborn and just doesn't want to play the "can you say..." game.  Who knows why, probably just because we want him to.  Anyways...this weekend, we went to our local Balloon Festival and his sister was singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star in the backseat.  As soon as she finished, he started singing and sang the whole song all the way through.  We had no clue he knew the words to the song, much less could sing the whole thing!  So I guess speech therapy is a definite out for him!  :)  I was so glad I had my camera with me and I got a cute video of him sining and snapped some cute pics too during the song.

I based this layout on a sketch from Sassy Lil Sketches and used some Close to My Heart papers that I received in the first prize that I won from Club CK over a year ago.  These papers are great for little boy pages and I am so glad I finally got to use them on a page.



Products Used:

Papers:  Close to My Heart & Crate Paper
Canvas Stars:  Jillibean Soup
Thickers:  American Crafts
Mini Market Stickers:  October Afternoon
Paper Crimper:  Fiskars
Pen:  Zig
Tag:  EK Success
Punch:  Marvy
Smooch Spritz:  Clear Snap
Quote ("Hitch your wagon to a star."):  Ralph Waldo Emerson
Other:  Buttons

2 comments:

  1. Love the yellow frame and layered stars. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Adorable!!! Love the colors together.

    ReplyDelete