Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Blah-humbugs!

Do you ever feel that way at Christmas?  I definitely do!  I think it's the pressure that I feel of the obligations to do this and that, attend Christmas parties, get the perfect present for everyone and have it wrapped so it looks like it's from a department store, get all of the must-have Christmas photos, send out hand-made cards to family and friends...well, you get the idea.  The only cure I have found for the Blah-humbugs is doing something just for me...and since I LOVE Scrapbooking, that is my go to fix!  Because of the busy-ness of the last several days, I had not had time to sit down and work on a page, so Monday afternoon I made it a priority!!  If you are like me, I am way behind on scrapping my photos, but I do have fun working on photos during the current time of the season...i.e., scrapping some Christmas photos at Christmas time!!  :)  I decided I wanted to do a page with some of the pictures from our recent visit to Santa.  I used some of the adorable Christmas Eve Chowder papers from Jillibean Soup on this page and added a fun, stitched Chevron pattern by alternating colors of embroidery floss.





Products Used:

Paper:  Jillibean Soup & DCWV
Letter Stickers:  Jillibean Soup, My Little Shoebox, & October Afternoon
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Brads:  The Paper Studio & Bazzill
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Pen:  Zig
Font:  CK Going Places
Punches:  Marvy & Martha Stewart
Pearls:  Kaiser Craft
Stick Pins:  Little Yellow Bicycle

Edgers:  Provo Craft
Other:  Wire

I have one other quick layout to share, that I did over a week ago for one of the Issue Challenges at Club CK.  The challenge for the week, was to scrap our favorite treat.  Now I don't know if you've ever had Oreo Truffles, but if you have or ever do, I think you will agree that they are A-MAZ-ING!!  Who knew that chopped Oreos mixed with cream cheese, rolled into balls, and covered in white chocolate could be so stinkin' good??!!  I had a lot of fun with this page, especially the little border across the page with the Jillibean Soup corrugated alpas negative. I saw this idea on one of Kim Watson' layouts and added it to my scrappy board on Pinterest for future use.  I loved the idea of using a simple color scheme on this page...white background with 5 colors - green, brown, black, red, and yellow.  I think it added a fun graphic feel to this page.



Products Used:


Paper:  October Afternoon & DCWV
Corrugated Alphas:  Jillibean Soup
Thickers:  American Crafts
Mini Market Stickers:  October Afternoon
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Embroidery Floss: Janlynn
Font:  Scrapbaby
Edgers:  Provo Craft
Stickers:  October Afternoon
Metal Tag:  EK Success
Button:  MME
MIni Round Gems:  Recollections
Photo:  Bakerella.com

2 comments:

  1. Love both of these!! Great job!! I love oreo truffles, too!! Gonna make some up tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete