Saturday, May 26, 2012

From Ballet, To Birthdays, To the Backyard!

Today was my last reveal for the month of May, as a Special Investigator at CSI:  Color, Stories, Inspiration.  I had so much fun joining in with the CSI Team and was very honored to be invited by Debbi Tehrani, to work with this month's Case Files.  When I saw Case File #21, I thought..."purple!!"  So not my favorite color, but I decided to take on the challenge anyway, and I think this one ended up being my favorite for the month.

 


I knew I wanted to keep a clean look on this layout, so I used a white background and changed the photos to black and white.  I chose several elements from the evidence to work with:  doilies, flowers, layers/tiers, add icing, and pins.  I used the word "sweet" as my journaling prompt, from the Testimony portion of the Case File.  And believe me, even though our daughter looks pooped and bored in these photos, she was a trooper for having so many photos taken, after she just finished her dress rehearsal!!  :)

Products Used:  Cardstock:  The Paper Studio; Patterned Paper:  BasicGrey; Flower:  Prima; Font:  Brush Script & CK Girl; Thickers:  American Crafts; Teeny Alphas:  Glitz Designs; Pins:  Recollections; Punch:  Marvy; Wood Accents:  Studio Calico; Acrylic Paint:  Apple Barrel; Pearls:  Zva Creative; Pom Pom Trim:  My Mind's Eye; Doily:  Hobby Lobby

Today was also the last day for our product swap with Nikki Sivils at Sketch Support.  I worked with Nikki's Audrey collection, which was one of the 4 new releases from W-CHA.  It is a great girly collection and I had so much fun with it on the May One Page Sketch.





I changed the sketch up, just a little bit, by using one photo instead of two.  But for the most part, I kept the basic design of this sketch pretty much in tact.  I had a little fun misting on this layout, because I finally got some masks.  My sweet friend Angela sent me a little goodie box and lo and behold there were two awesome masks packed away in there!!  So excited! I also misted the white doily, just to dress it up a little bit.

Products Used:   Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper and Stickers: Nikki Sivils; Spray Mist: Smooch Spritz and October Afternoon; Thickers: American Crafts; Font: CK Girl; Punch: Anna Griffin; Doilies: Hobby Lobby; Pom Pom Trim: Wright's; Buttons: Michael's; Edgers: Provo Craft; Mini Clothes Pin: Canvas Corp; Punch: Marvy

And this final layout, is one that I ended up loving the final product.  Let me explain...!!  :)  I am on the Design Team for my Local Scrapbook Store, ScrapHappy Pensacola.  Christy, the store owner, gives me and the fellow DT Ladies new products as they come in to the store, to make samples to go with the product displays.  When I visited on Wednesday, she had some of the new Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue in the store.  Now, I would not normally buy G45, because even though I consider it to be phenomenally gorgeous, it just doesn't work for the type of layouts I create.  Anyway, I brought some of the paper home and a couple of this and thats along with it and I thought, "hey, the 'B' sides of these papers are pretty cool!".  So I found a photo and went to work and here is what came about:



 
So not to sound braggy, but I think I am in love with this one!!  :)  And it just goes to show you, that even though you may think a paper line is not for you...you may just end up surprising yourself, if you take a chance on it.  I just went to work adding some layering, fussy cut some of the pretty flowers from one of the 12x12 pages, splattered some Smooch Spritz in the background, and added a few knick knacks here and there.  And just a little side note...the stripy piece of paper (red & white) behind my journaling strips, was the backing piece in a package of Flash Cards from Elle's Studio.  Hey, sometimes the packaging is just as great as the products!!  :)

Products Used:  Cardstock:  The Paper Studio; Patterned Paper:  Graphic 45; Smooch Spritz:  Clear Snap; Font:  Arial & Arial Black; Alpha Stickers:  Doodle Bug Design Inc.; Flash Card:  Elle's Studio; Buttons:  Blumenthal Lansing; Brads:  My Mind's Eye; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery:  Washi Tape:  October Afternoon; Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn

4 comments:

  1. Great layouts Ashley! Do I seee some doily love going on here ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me? Posting 3 incredible layouts on one post? I need a moment to soak in all the greatness of them!

    The first ballerina one- SOOO cute! You started with great pictures and I really love the circle border across the bottom and top! Great choice on the black and white photos too! They really go well with the color scheme!

    Then the girls day out one- I am loving that big banner cluster at the top with the heart in the middle! And the sweet yellow doily behind the title really makes the title pop! And can I just say how much I love the brown hearts floating around the page ! They look like they are falling from your edge paper and I love that! I am hoping to do this sketch, but I am running out of time! PS I thought you might like the butterfly masks! :) They look perfect on your page!

    Your construction crew layout is GORGEOUS! I never would have guessed that it was G45 paper! I feel the same way you do about G45, so I may have to reconsider! This is a layout I would take a picture of in a scrapbook store to copy at home later! Now I have it saved on my computer! Even better! Once again, all the perfect embellishments on this layout! Even used packaging! Ashley, you are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three gorgeous pages, Ashley! Loved having you as our Special Investigator. That page is so darling. That middle one is precious too! Loving the banners and how you added the pom-pom trim--such a sweet touch! And how cute is the "sandcastle construction crew."

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are super Ashely, love all three of them! my fave being the first one, love the simple design and your daughter's cute face in the photos! I don't like purple either, I don't have any in my stash, but I do love it on your page :)

    ReplyDelete