Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Super Fast...In More Ways Than One!!

Today, I did this layout for the 1 Hour Challenge at Club CK and the challenge was to use journaling strips on your layout...which was right up my alley, because I use journaling strips on almost all of my layouts!!  :)  I used the 9.1 sketch from Sketchy Thursdays for this page and rotated the sketch and used two photos instead of one.  I thought this was a cute title, because my daughter always like to use those words to describe how fast she can ride her tricycle and because they say it all of the time on Little Einsteins!  We got to go outside yesterday and enjoy the beautiful, cool weather...it was so nice to be outside for a while and not have to worry about melting into a little puddle!

Since this layout had to be done and posted in an hour, I chose to work with a coordinated product to speed things up a little bit.  Even with using the EP papers, pre-made embellies, and Thickers instead of cutting my title out on the Expression, I still cut it close.  I was able to get the layout loaded with 5 minutes to spare!!  I made just a couple of small changes, after I posted it, but nothing major.  I over-estimated the length of my journaling strips and had them covering too much of my photo because of the strip going up the side.  So I cut my strip down (which was added to cover my hand-held sewer accident!!!) and then shifted over my journaling strips.






Products Used:
 

Paper:  Echo Park & Bazzill
Stickers:  Bazzill
Brads:  The Paper Studio
Thickers:  American Crafts
Font:  CK Carefree
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Ink:  Memento
Acrylic Stamp:  Martha Stewart
Felt Flowers:  Recollections
Pen:  Zig 

3 comments:

  1. Toooooooooo cute! I loveeeeeeeeee those photos and that title! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors! I love the butterfly! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute!! Love the pink journaling strips.

    ReplyDelete