Sunday, October 9, 2011

Feeling "Sketchy" Anyone??

Well, I have been for some reason lately!  No...not the kind of sketchy you're thinking about!  :)  I've actually been creating my own sketches recently for the pages that I've been doing for a lot of my DT projects and the upcoming Leafing Memories Behind Blog Hop coming up on October 14-15.  It is really a lot of fun!  I have a couple of the sketches to share with you in this post.  I have created 6 so far, but I am only adding 2 of them to this post, because the layouts based on the other 4 sketches haven't been revealed yet.  I would love for you to use them for your pages and all I ask, is that you mention my name in your post and add a link back to my Blog.  And please, please come back here and leave a link if you use one of the sketches...I would really love to see what you do with it!  :)  I don't have any challenges or scrappy prize giveaways (yet), but I promise I will leave some scrappy love for your layout.

Here is one of the first sketches that I posted and the layout that I did to go along with it:

 

This sketch was a lot of fun and I used it to create a layout for one of the Premium Member challenges on Club CK.  The challenge was to use a brown background paper, to help the brighter colors on your page pop.



And I am very excited to share this next layout with you!  It was created by my friend Andrea, using the above Sketch #5.  She is the first person to use one of my sketches and I was so excited when I saw her layout in the Club CK Gallery!  Here is her awesome take on the sketch:


I LOVE everything about Andrea's layout!  Her color combo is so pretty and the way she used the twine across her page is brilliant!  I love her fun idea of the b&w photo strip with the color strip and the fun, little way she tilted her scalloped border across the page!  THANKS so much Andrea for letting me share your page and you can stop by and check out Andrea's Blog HERE.

I hope you will enjoy using my sketches and as I said, I would love to see how you use them.  Be sure to check back next weekend and I'll be sharing several more new sketches with you!

 

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks so much for highlighting me Ashley! I am lovin' your sketches. There are some sketch places that I just don't usually feel inspiration from their sketches, but I just love yours -- maybe because I like your style of LOs so much too?! Thanks so much Ashley -- can't wait to see more LOs and sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sketches Ashley....and your work :) You are a great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...I love how you scrapped your own sketches! I've already saved the first one, and I''m going to save the other one...love the look of the film strips! You're an awesome sketch designer, for sure! And, of course, your layouts totally rock!

    ReplyDelete