Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sketch It Out

Welcome to March everyone!  I know we always say this about every month, but how unbelievable is it that we've already reached the 3rd month of 2012??!!  I have had time to join in a few new challenges lately hosted by fellow Scrapbookers and this week, the idea popped in my head..."why not host my own challenge?".  Club CK has been such a fun place to hang out over the past couple of years.  There is tons of inspiration, great friends, and a lot of fun challenges hosted by CK and by the members of the board (aka Peeps).  There is an array of challenges hosted by Peeps on the Creative Challenges board, and while we've had Sketch challenges here and there, we've never actually had a set challenge.  Since I have started designing some sketches recently, I thought it would be fun to host a monthly Sketch Challenge at the Club and offer a small RAK at the end of the month to a random winner, from the participants in the challenge.  The challenge is called Sketch It Out!





Well, today kicked off our first challenge and I have a sketch posted, as well as a little twist that you can incorporate into your page.  Here is the sketch I chose for the month of March and my sample layout (which I posted earlier for one of the challenges during the Bella Blvd. week of challenges):



I actually did the layout first and then created the sketch from my page...that is why the two resemble one another so much!!  :)

Along with the sketch, I am also adding a little twist to the challenge.  Here is our TWIST for this month:  Use hexagon(s), chevron, or wood grain on your layout.  The easiest way to do this is with patterned paper.  If you don't have any patterned paper with any of those patterns you could create your own hexagons or chevron with your Die Cutting machine or by hand cutting.  A fun idea I found a while back for wood grain, is to take one of the soft baby brushes and add some paint to the bristles.  Then drag it lightly across your paper.  It creates a really cool wihte-washed look.  If you feel you don't have any of these things in your stash and just can't get anything created, don't miss out on the challenge...you can still play along no matter what!!

I hope you will take time to come play along...the challenge will be open starting today until March 31!  To be eligible to have your name in the random drawing, you must post a photo of your layout in the Creative Challenges Forum at Club CK.  You can find the thread HERE.  If you haven't had an opportunity to check out Club CK, then head over there ASAP!  You can set up a FREE membership and get involved in a ton of all kinds of scrapbooking fun!!

3 comments:

  1. Love this, Ashley! Thanks for the inspiration and a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just joined over at CK. I wanna play along with your sketches!! Excited to see what you'll be making over there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool sketch! I'll have to go through my photos and find something to play along, have lots of that wood grained paper :)

    ReplyDelete