Monday, July 2, 2012

Get It Scrapped! Stencils & Masks

Sometimes it amazes me to see how fast and how many trends appear in the Scrapbooking world.  Today, at Get It Scrapped! we are sharing our ideas on one of these fun trends:  Stencils & Masks.  There are a lot of masks out there right now, one of my favorites being the Mister Huey's masks from Studio Calico.  If you don't want to spend the money for masks, you can also create your own, if you have a die-cut machine.  I used some Smooch Spritz to spray over my mask, but you could also use paint.  Here is what I created using the mask and some spray mist:




 
This is the process I used, to create the background for my layout with the mask and mist:  I thought the Mister Huey's Bubbles Mask would be a perfect way to create a fun background for my sports-themed layout.  I placed the mask on my cardstock and used a fine tip Sharpie to trace around some of the circles.  Once I finished tracing, I placed the mask back in place and used some Smooch Spritz from Clear Snap to mist over the mask.  Then I removed the mask and used some Tattered Angels spray mist, to create some mist drops on my page, by removing the nozzle and tapping it over my background paper.

Using Stencils and Masks, offers a great way for you to add interest to your layouts or projects.  And it's a great way to create your own custom papers for your layouts.  I hope you will give this fun technique a try on your next layout!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  The Paper Studio; Patterned Paper, Washi Tape & Stickers:  Bella Blvd. (THANKS to my sweet friend, Angela for sending it to me!!);  Mister Huey's Mask:  Studio Calico; Smooch Spritz:  Clear Snap; Spray Mist:  Tattered Angels; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Brads: The Paper Studio; Font:  Impact Label; Punch:  Marvy

11 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, Ashley!! love the masking and how you doodled some of the circles!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooo bright and FUN!! I loveeeeeeeeee it! LOVING the masking and all the stitching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout, Ashley! I Love the masking, adds so much energy to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are putting these papers to good use Ashley! Loving this Super Star layout! The masking is a really cool effect and I love how you outlined some of the circles! I like the blocks of patterned paper behind the photos, the washi tape, the cloud border, the wrapped twine, and I could go on and on!!! Everything is nicely grounded and so well thought out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, this is so fun! I really love the colors and patterns- REALLY compliment your photos and yes, your masking looks great- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combo on your layout so fun and just right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous layout. I love all the details and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so cute Ashley, very you, I love your style and can always spot your layouts on FB before I even see your name...lol...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is totally GREAT Ashley! Love how you used that mask!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ashley, I love this! Misting & masking are some of my faves, and you made it look so amazing here. I love the yellow! I also love the strips at the top & bottom, and how you stitched all around the perimeter. Such a fun boy page!

    ReplyDelete