Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stylin & Profilin

Last week, was a busy week on the Blog, but things kind of slowed down after Friday.  I wish I could say the same for myself!!  :)  I have been busy with DT layouts, DT comments, hanging out at Club CK, working to get our daughter enrolled under a cover school for this year, ordering Curriculum for the upcoming school year...and anything and everything else in between!!  :)  But I did stop for about an hour yesterday to work on a layout for one of my favorite challenges at Club CK, the weekly Issue Challenge.  This week, we were challenged to use Slang on our layout.  Here is what I came up with:



 
I thought this title was a perfect fit for these photos of our little guy, in his Toboggan and shorts during the middle of Summer and 90+ degree weather!!  He was hanging out in the chair watching Dora, so I snapped a few pics of him while he was sitting still...which doesn't happen often.  I also incorporated one of the challenges going on at Club CK for their Annual Summer Camp, taking place this week.  On Monday, they offered a coloring page print out to use on your layouts or projects.  You can print the images on regular paper or a transparency and re-live your childhood by coloring in the images to your heart's content!! I used the banner image and printed it on patterned paper.  Once I cut out each of the pieces, I used a Teal colored pencil to fill in the thin edge around each of the banners.

And since I was a little pressed for time, I decided to use the awesome Sketch #128 from Creative Scrappers for this page.

 
If you would like to join in with Summer Camp at Club CK, then head over this week to the Club Blog and the Creating Keepsakes Blog.  Lots of fun challenges and info coming your way this week!

Products Used: 

Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye & Recollections
Brads, Twine, & Stickers:  My Mind's Eye
Tags & Punch:  EK Success
Punch:  Marvy
Thickers:  Amy Tangerine (AC)
Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico
Font:  CK Going Places
Other:  Colored Pencils & Creating Keepsakes Print Out

14 comments:

  1. Lovin that title Ashley! What a cute boy you have too! I can't believe this layout only took you an hour! You rock girl! Try not to be too busy this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling....the layout & the sweet photos! Love the MME paper, title, and colored banner! Great combination of challenges! You are a very busy talented and busy lady! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Ashley, what a great LO!! Love how you combined the chevrons, zigzags, and checks for this fab masculine LO!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, my son does the same thing- hotter than hot outside, and he's putting on his hat, long sleeves, pants, socks- you name it. Drives me nuts!!

    But what a cute little guy you have and your layout is so sweet too. Nice work :),

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love love this!!! LOVING the colors, the photos and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee all those yummy chevrons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great boy layout, Ashley! I love the reds, blues & yellows against the brown, and I love the different patterns. I really love the banner & twine at the bottom! He's such a cutie patootie!! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome LO! I love all of the woodgrain elements! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Ashley! Love how the arrows create movement across the page :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your title, you are really good at coming up with clever titles, and the layout is adorable, love it when the little ones dress themselves! good luck with all the home school stuff you have to do, your daughter is lucky to have a mom like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like you have been BUSY! SUPER cute layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this layout, such great elements and fun interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute layout!!! That title is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice layout.. need to try something in this layout....
    u have done a great page.. i love it... :)

    ReplyDelete