Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm a FITGirl & a Layout to Share!

So happy to share exciting news on a Monday morning!!  I have been invited to be a FITGirl at ScrapFIT for the August '12-January '13 Term!  I have been playing along with ScrapFIT for a while and love the concept of their Workout Challenges, Warm Up Challenges and Step Classes. I already "know" several Ladies on the Team, Sara Zenger, Diana Fisher, and Missy Whidden and I am looking forward to getting to know the new Team Members I will be serving with!

NEW FITGirls:

Nuki Adiati
Leah Cameron
Leila Cassimira
Lanette Erickson
Ashley Horton
Laurie LaRiviere
Lynn Lefebvre
Aimee Maddern
Eileen Mead
Ann-Katrin Toresen

Returning FITGirls:
Shannon  Morgan
Brenda Rose

In addition to today's good news, I wanted to share my new Sketch and layout for the Sketch It Out Challenge, that I host at Club CK each month.  The challenge for July was posted yesterday and here is the Sketch and my sample layout:





During the month of November and December last year, October Afternoon did a Santa Sack Sale, where you could purchase a box of mixed goodies and I am still using all of the awesome products from my box!!  The different lines they offer, coordinate so well together and this is just a mix and match of paper and stickers.  

I love to add a TWIST to each month's Sketch challenge and the twist for July, is to use Misting on your layout.  But, the Twist is just an added bonus.  You don't have to include it, if it doesn't work for your page or if you don't have access to any mist.  There are several fun ways that you can use misting on your layouts.  You can change the color of paper flowers or wood veneer embelilshments.  Place a mask on your page and mist over it.  Or just get messy, and spray some random spritzes on your background paper, before adding your photos.  You can also remove the nozzle from the bottle and lightly tap it over your page, for a more controlled look to your mist.

I would love for you to come play along and you can visit the Sketch It Out Challenge HERE at Club CK.  You have until Midnight (CST) on July 31, to complete your layout and upload it to the Sketch It Out Forum Post at Club CK!!

Products Used:  Cardstock:  The Paper Studio; Patterned Paper & Stickers:  October Afternoon; Flash Card:  Elle's Studio; Spray Mist:  Studio Calico Mister Huey's; Huey's Mask:  Studio Calico; Tiny Type:  Cosmo Cricket; Buttons:  Michael's; Eyelets:  The Paper Studio; Other:  Washi Tape & Twine  

12 comments:

  1. Love how you used banners for the rays of your sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Ashley! And thanks for your tweet. I'm not familiar with ScrapFIT, will have to check this out. Great sketch and a wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the ScrapFit Design Team pick! Very well deserved! Love the layout!!! And I can't wait to create with your newest sketch! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Ashley! How exciting! You are going to be great! I also love the new sketch for July! I don't own any mist, but I am still going to try to play along! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So glad you are a fit girl! I am planning to play along with your beautiful sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a GREAT layout!! Love the color choices and misting--CONGRATS on the new DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new gig. I'll have to check out the link. Your sketch and LO are wonderful! Such a fun summer look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looove the layout! And congrats on the new DT!! I'm definitely going to have to play along with this sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woooooooo hoooooooooooo!! CONGRATS!!!!! So happy for you!! I love love love your lo! LOVING those photos and loveeeeeeeeeeee the pennants as rays behind the clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being selected to be a FITgirl, Ashley!! I hope you enjoy your term as much as I have. Sara is amazing to work with!! What an fabulous LO!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats again on your new DT, actually "our" new DT..lol...being on these teams is so much more fun with a friend to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great sketch! I hope to find the time to play along!

    ReplyDelete