Thursday, November 19, 2015

Hip Kit Club | We Believe

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, especially if you're using all of the amazing goodies in the November 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits.  We've also got a lot of extra inspiration for you this month, with cut files, printables, a sketch and our November Mood Board.  The layout I'm sharing today, was inspired by the November Mood Board, and I used the Under the Tree background cut file.



I started my layout with a piece of White cardstock from the November Cardstock Add-On Kit.  I wanted it as my background, to make the Christmas trees really stand out.  I ungrouped the cut file in Silhouette Studio, and clicked no cut on the smaller trees.  Then I sent the other tree images to the Cameo, and used the Silver sketch pen to draw the Christmas trees.  I repeated the process and switched the smaller trees back to cut and the triangle shaped trees to no cut, and then sent the cut job to the Cameo and cut the trees from one of the exclusive patterned papers, designed by Kim Watson.




Once the trees finished cutting, I laid the patterned paper over my White cardstock and used the negative spots to add the die cut trees back in place.  Then I got to work on the string art trees, which were inspired by the stitched deer on the November Mood Board.  I used my paper piercer to poke holes along the sketched trees and then stitched each one a different color, using 5 colors of embroidery floss.


I didn't want to over embellish and cover a lot of the background, so I layered my title close to the photo.  Then I used some of the Pinkfresh Studio die cuts from the November Main Kit to embellish the layout.  And you will notice, I created a visual triangle, with the design, by adding three different clusters on the page.  I love the top cluster with the cute flair button, designed by Kim Watson, from the November 2015 Embellishment Kit!

There's still lots of Christmas cheer coming your way!  And speaking of Christmas, now would be a great time to mention a Hip Kit Club Subscription to Santa!  You'll definitely want it on your wish list, after you pop over to the website and take a look at the new December 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  It's so awesome, Santa might even keep it for himself!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment