Friday, November 6, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Perfect Pumpkins

I have another layout to share with you today, using the gorgeous October 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits from Hip Kit Club!  I wanted to create a fun background element on this layout, and mix in several patterned papers from the October 2015 Main Kit.  I designed the background in Silhouette Studio, and worked on putting it together before adding my photo and other embellishments.


Once I had the background finished, I placed my photo and the embellishment cluster to the right, using some of the Simple Stories wood veneers included in the Main Kit and one of the Pink Paislee arrows from the October 2015 Embellishment Kit.  I also layered one of the Project Life cards from the October 2015 Project Life Kit, behind my photo, because the "such a good time" sentiment was perfect with my photo.



I liked that my photo had a good bit of White space at the top, and I used it to place my title.  This is a great way to keep your title from getting lost in the background, if you have a busy background pattern.  I wanted to include several embellishments from the Kits, so I placed a few more wood veneers from Simple Stories, Bits & Ephemera from Pink Paislee and Pebbles Inc., and enamel dots from Heidi Swapp around the layout.


To finish off the layout, I added a bit of machine stitching to a few of the embellishments.  I love the extra texture that stitching adds to a layout!

I also have a Process Video to go along with my layout, if you would like to check it out!


And now, it's time to be on the look out for the November 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  If you're a subscriber, they'll be coming your way soon!  If you have subscribed yet, make sure you visit the Hip Kit Website and sign up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment