Monday, March 7, 2011

3 in 1

I love it when you can combine multiple challenges on one layout...today it happened to be three challenges.  The lo is based on Sketch 228 from Pencil Lines.  I also incorporated two challenges from Club CK.  The first challenge is to use paint on your lo, which I used for the framing, by masking with paper and then painting with acrylic paint around the edge of the mask.  I also painted each of the fleur de lis (2 chipboard and one brad) with black acrylic paint.  The final challenge is using Green, Purple, and Yellow on your lo for the Weekly Challenge on Club CK.  The title letters are a mix of chipboard and I just embossed my yellow paper with the Cuttlebug and then glued the letters to the back and cut them out with the Craft Knife.  I grabbed some of the kids Mardi Gras beads and cut them up to use as a border at the bottom of the photos.  I made the mask, by cutting it with the Cricut, outlining with a black pen, cutting the feather shapes and adhering to the back, and using a toothpick for the wand.




Journaling reads -  Emma:  "I don't want to go to the parade!  It's noisy and loud!"
Mommy:  "Well, your noisy and loud, so you'll be ok!"

Products used:

Paper - BoBunny, DCWV
Buttons - CTMH
Tools - Cuttlebug, Expression
Paint - Apple Barrel
Pen - Sakura
Other - Chipboard, Pipe Cleaners, Beads



5 comments:

  1. This is seriously cute!! I really love your embossed title and that cute little mask. Emma is such a doll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love it! (Left you some love in the gallery.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an Awesome page and great take on the Pencil Lines Sketch. What a terrific idea - to emboss the letters of your title - it look wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the page, love the embossed lettering for the title, and a great version of the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout! I have an award for you! Pop by my blog and pick it up when you get a chance :)

    KraftingwithKings.blogspot.com

    Angela :0)

    ReplyDelete