Friday, March 4, 2011

Disney Bound and Scrappy Motivation!

We are planning a family trip to Disney this May...with the Grandparents, our three kiddies-all 5 and under-and sister-in-law!  Should be a an experience!  Can't wait to go, because we LOVE Disney.  There's only one problem...I still haven't finished the Disney album from our 08/09 trip!!  UGH!  So I am now motivated to get it done!!  There has been progress.  I finished all of the pages from Hollywood Studios and about 1/3 of the ones from Magic Kingdom, but still have Animal Kingdom and Epcot to go.  Guess I know what I'll be doing at the monthly crops!  :)  Here are two that I finished this week.


Dancing in the Streets:  This one is my take on a lo I found about 2 years ago on Scrapbook.com.  The papers and ribbon were part of a kit that I bought at a Crop last year...various mix of manufacturers.  I also used this lo for the February Recipe Challenge (always fun!!) on Club CK.  You had to use the color red (no-brainer for Disney!), baker's twine or floss, at least one heart, the contents of your hole punch, and three photos.  I think my favorite part of the lo, is the heart embellies at the top.  I just punched three 1 inch circles, added the heart brads, and doodled a white circle with a Sakura pen.  Simple, but effective.


Dumbo:  This lo was inspired by another "Dumbo" lo done by Wendy Sue Anderson in the August 09 issue of Creating Keepsakes.  Her lo was a double page that I condensed to a single page.  For the black dots on my scallop trim, I used the fine point Zig pen to get a glue dot and then sprinkled it with black Stampendous glitter.

1 comment: