Thursday, January 19, 2017

Pink Paislee | Shine Bright

This week on the Pink Paislee Blog, the Design Team is sharing ideas for using Rub Ons.  I wanted to feature the rub ons from the gorgeous, Moonstruck collection on my layout.  I tend to use rub ons sporadically on my layouts… one or two strategically placed among other embellishments, but I thought it would be fun to incorporate them in a large focal design.




I wanted a patterned paper background so I chose a subtle design that would allow the rub ons to stand out. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a large heart shape. Then I used a pencil to lightly trace the shape onto my background paper. I started placing the rub ons at the bottom of the heart on the left hand side of the heart shape. Then I continued following the pencil outline until all of the shape outline was filled with the rub ons.


Once I had all of the rub ons in place, I machine stitched around the heart shape so I could cover any of the pencil line that might show through. I placed the photo and title inside the heart to fill the open shape. Since the rub ons were a flat element on the layout, I used some of the cork pieces and puffy stickers to add dimension to the layout.



Once I had everything in its place, I decided to add some black Color Shine splatters. I loved the contrast it added against the watercolor look of the background paper. If I’m adding my Color Shine to a completed layout, I always cover my photo with scrap paper to keep any of the mist from getting on it.  But I don’t mind it splatters over my embellishments.

If you're looking for more ideas on how to use rub ons for your projects, make sure you stop by the Pink Paislee Blog and check out all of this week's posts.

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty soft LO! I've never seen stitching over rub-ons, it must be so could to touch it.

    ReplyDelete