Thursday, January 12, 2017

Pink Paislee | Washi Photo Board


Trends come and go, but washi tape is here to stay!  It’s just such a fun product… totally cute with all of the different patterns and very versatile in its uses. I love the washi sheets that come with the Moonstruck collection. They are perfect for layouts and cards, but you can also use the sheets for other projects as well. I have a washi photo board to share with you today, and a tutorial to go along with my project!


Step 1: Gather the supplies you’ll need. I picked up an inexpensive plank board at my local craft store. Print your photos ahead of time so you’ll be ready to get started. Make sure you leave your photos untrimmed after they are printed.


Step 2: Use twine to wrap around the board. I started on the back side of the board and used a stapler to secure the twine to the wood.


Step 3: After you secure the end of the twine, you can begin wrapping it around the board. I criss-crossed my twine to create an interesting pattern on the front side of the board.


Step 4: Now it’s time to play with the washi tape. I chose the skinny strips from the Moonstruck washi sheets and placed them along the four edges of each of my photos.


Step 5: After each side of your photo is covered with washi tape, you can trim away the excess photo paper with your paper trimmer.


Step 6: I decided to use small clothespins to attach my photos to the twine. The clothespins are perfect for covering with washi tape too. I placed a few designs on my clothespins. If you need to trim off any excess washi tape, just use a craft knife along the edges of the clothespin.


Step 7: Now you can add your photos to the board. Just clip them to the twine with your clothespins and grab some of the embellishments from the Moonstruck collection to embellish your photos. 




And that’s it! You can interchange the photos and coordinate your collections and washi tape to create unique looks for your project!


No comments:

Post a Comment