Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My First ScrapFIT Reveal

I am so excited to share my first layout as one of the newest FITGirls at ScrapFIT.  Today, you will get to see the reveal for the new Team members and we have a great challenge for you!!

 #73 - "I Remember"  - This Workout is based on these two little words!  One of the reasons I scrapbook is so that I will always remember the little things, that over time, it's easy to forget about. We want to see you create a layout with a title ‘I Remember’.  We cant wait to see your story!

When I saw that this was our first assignment, I immediately knew I wanted to use some photos from when I was a little girl.  Most of my layouts are usually about our children, but sometimes, I like to sneak something different in there!!  :)  I wanted to create a fun, little vintage feel to this page and just do some free form journaling of things that I remembered from my childhood.




 
I used a lot of little odds and ends on this page.  The journaling tags, button centers on my flowers, dark brown heart, and twine, were all from a little prize package I received from Yvonne Yam.  I added a little bit of stitching and cut the scalloped border along the edge of the wood grain paper and then folded it over to reveal the backside and stitched it down.  

Make sure you come play along with Workout #73 and you will have the chance to be one of the first winners of our new FITKit, provided by Paper Issues!!  The prize for this workout is:

 

Products Used:
Patterned Paper:  Crate Paper & Echo Park
Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico
Letter Stickers & Border Sticker:  Crate Paper
Smooch Spritz:  Clear Snap
Other:  Buttons; Washi Tape, Tags, Twine, Staples


13 comments:

  1. cute LO... love the vintage feel photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this layout is GREAT! Love the border of hearts--FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on becoming a Fit Girl! I love playing along with their challenges! I think I'll have to play when I get home from my holidays! Love the layout too! I really like the needle threader on the top and the woodgrain paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, Love your take on this challenge!! Such a sweet retro LO with the view master piece and darling photos!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley this is just adorable! I really see Reese in you, how cute! love all the little vintage touches, and the hand journaling on the tags. You are fortunate to have photos of your childhood, I don't have any really, THAT is the reason I do this, so my kids will know what their childhood was all about, and that's why I drive them nuts taking about 400 photos a month!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, Ashley!! There are so many fun little details to see, I love the little banners, flowers, tags, and of course that fun viewfinder piece, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tooooooooooooo cute!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE those photos, the view finder and loving the little hearts!! I just LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a little cutie you were! I love how you did a vintage feel to this layout and journaled your memories. Congrats on being a FIT girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the nostalgic look of your page! Great photos, I also grew up in a home with wood paneling and the same types of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute~love how you used the view master reel!! Adorable. Thanks for the visit today:):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a neat idea! Love the random memories and the bits and pieces! Needle traders always remind me of digging through me grandma's button box. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun that you used pictures from when you little. Love all of the little details you added to your page.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love having you with us as a FITgirl! Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete