Monday, August 20, 2012

2 Winners & 2 Layouts

First off, I want to announce the winner of the September/October Creating Keepsakes Top 10 Issue:

PATRICIA!!


Thanks for stopping by and commenting Patricia!  Please contact me with your mailing information at ashleyhorton010675@gmail.com within two weeks to receive your prize!

I am also waiting to hear from ELIZABETH CAMPAU, who won the prize from my 300 Followers by 300 Posts giveaway.  

 
Elizabeth, you have one more week to contact me at ashleyhorton010675@gmail.com to receive the prize.  If I don't hear from Elizabeth, I will be announcing a new winner next Monday.

And now, I have a couple of layouts I did this past Friday night at our monthly Crop!!

The first is for the July/August Issue Challenge at Club CK.  The challenge this week, was to use a clock.  I thought that would be a perfect embellishment for a Back to School page and I used a clock Tin Pin from October Afternoon's 9 to 5 collection.



 
Now, this isn't a typical Back to School page, because we Home School.  But I still like to have a photo on that first day, so that our kids can look back on them over the years.  I think it is still important to document that first day and it's also fun to see how much they grow from year to year!!

Products Used:  Patterned Paper:  Crate Paper; Tin Pin:  October Afternoon; Thickers:  American Crafts; Button:  Stampin' Up; Brads:  The Paper Studio; Punch:  EK Succes; SMASH Tape:  K&Company; Mister Huey's Spray Mist: Studio Calico; Wood Veneer:  Studio Calico; Pearl: Kaisercraft; Fonts:  CK Handwriting & Stencil; Other:  Washi Tape & Clip

This second page was so fun, because I loved this cute photo of my hubby helping our youngest at the shooting arcade at Bass Pro Shop.  He got to play one round, but the rest of the time we were in the store, he kept saying, "you got money Mama?", because he wanted to go back and play again!!  :)



  
I used mostly Sasparilla from October Afternoon on this layout, but I did have a little fun with some of Heidi Swapp's Color Magic papers.  They actually had the packs of the Color Magic papers in our Hobby Lobby, along with the Crate Paper Story Teller line that I used on the Back to School page.  I used the Chevron paper for the big chevron arrow below my photo.  I just cut one of the sections and shaped the ends into the arrow shapes.  Then I sprayed it with some Mister Huey's Spray Mist and wiped across it with a paper towel.  I love the way it created a wood grain look on the paper and I will definitely be playing with these more often!!

This page is based on a great Sketch from Creative Scrappers and I loved the use of the single square photo.  It worked perfectly for what I wanted to do on this layout.

 
Products Used:  Patterned Paper & Stickers:  October Afternoon; Thickers:  American Crafts; Font:  Impact; Wood Veneers & Mister Huey's Spray Mist: Studio Calico; Color Magic Papers:  Heidi Swapp; SMASH Tape:  K&Company

16 comments:

  1. These layouts are both really awesome! I especially love the back to school one! Love the way you stitched the "2" and that clock is a perfect fit for a back to school layout! The second layout is great and I really like the negative arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS to the winners and I love love love love your lo's!! I am IN LOVE with that stitching of the "2" on that first one!! FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the details in your back to school layout. The journaling strips and the clip at the top polus the apple...fantastic! It's just as important to document the first day of school even if they get to stay home! Cudo's to you Ashley for taking on a home schooling program! The Sharp Shooter layout..how cute is this?? Love the arrows cut out of the background paper and you always have the best titles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these layouts! They look wonderful, it's hard to pick a favorite, but I'm into arrows right now, so probably the sharp shooter layout. Love how you've tied that imagery in throughout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both pages are lovely Ashley, I love the title on the first one and the second one does have the cutest photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the out of context use of OA Sasparilla. Thanks for the inspiration to reinvent it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Ashley!!!! Congrats to the winners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both your layouts are awesome. I love the stitched "2" on the first one...and your play with different alpha's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the winners! Love your layouts! The stitching is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these layouts are GREAT! Love the arrows on the second--SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these layouts! They are so fun! The school one is cute with the corkboard paper, apple, clock, book, ruler and all things school! I love it! And the Sharp Shooter layout is so cute! What a great picture! The arrows look so great on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the stitching of the "2" and your take on the CS sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two more amazing layouts....love them both! Love all of the detail in the 1st...the stitching, journaling strips, title, apple & clock elements, and the darling photos! The arrows were a perfect element for the Sharp Shooter, love the photo! I need to come to your house to play, maybe I would get more layouts finished! Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing LO, Ashley - so perfect for this great photo. Love, love the chevron and cut out arrows!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just realized this was all one post. :-) Love the school LO's too!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you stitched the '2" in back 2 school!! Man, I want to scrapbook SO bad!

    ReplyDelete