Friday, August 24, 2012

Chip Off the Old Block

Yes, even Stay at Home Moms look forward to Friday...so I am happy to say "Welcome Friday" today!!  This has been one of those weeks, where you know you've done a lot of stuff, but your brain just can't process it!  So I am hoping to have a little bit of down time this weekend and let my tired little brain recuperate!  :)  But, before I get to the relaxing, I wanted to pop in and share our new Fabulous Friday challenge at Frosted Designs!!  We are challenging you this week, to use CHIPBOARD on your layouts or projects!!  I am sure almost all of us have some Chipboard pieces hidden away in our stash and they are really easy to use.  You can use Chipboard as is or alter it with ink or layer it with other pieces for a totally different look.



 
I received some really cute Crate Paper Chipboard pieces in a goodie box from Creating Keepsakes and they mixed in perfectly with Studio Calico's new Hey Day collection.  One of my favorite pieces, was that cute little shaped frame, that I used to "hold" the year 2012.  I also added a Chipboard heart for a little bit of extra dimension.

Come play along with us this week and you could win from our awesome Sponsor, Prairie Bird Boutique!

Products Used:  Patterned Paper & Mister Huey's Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Chipboard:  Crate Paper; Buttons:  Basic Grey; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Thickers:  American Crafts

9 comments:

  1. Ashley, this is so darling!! Love the sweet embellishments and the orangey yellow paint drops against the pink - fabulous!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I love the mix of products you used and the color palette is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely loveeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING the photo placement, the colors, the misting... just GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a CUTE page Ashley! Love all the layering and chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page Ashley, I like how you place the photos vertical in a row and the papers you chose are fabulous. Rest-up! and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Ashley! So many fun little details, I adore the little trees!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute, love how you used the chipboard, such a pretty and fun layout, and I love how the photos are all vertical...I might just play along with this one, chipboard in it's unfinished state is such a challenge for me...I'll have to think of something!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spy some Crate Paper!!! Love the cluster of trees and the placement of your journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love how you used the chipboard on your layout. The one where you put the 2012 on is super cute! I would have looked at that and wondered what to do, but you always make things look so fun and meant to be that way!

    ReplyDelete