Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Curtain Call

Nope, I'm not calling my Curtain Call for my Blog...just sharing a new layout today for Get It Scrapped!, using Floral print patterns.  Fortunately, I have two girls, so using Florals is usually a staple for me!!  :)  And what better way, to use Florals than on a very girly Ballet page??!!



 
I won the complete Sweet Tooth paper collection from GCD Studios, when they released their Winter CHA products and I thought it had some great Floral papers to use for this assignment.  Fussy cutting is one of my favorite ways to create embellishments for my pages and combine that with flowers, and I am in scrappy heaven!!  :)  I loved the pink floral pattern paper in this collection and decided to fussy cut several of the flower shapes and add them over the piece by my photo.  I just added a pop dot to three of them to add a little dimension and then finished off the center with a Pink pearl.  I also fussy cut several of the other flowers from the pattern papers and created 3 clusters on my layout, which makes it easy to guide the eye around the page.

So whether you use Florals on a regular basis or only dabble in Florals, make sure you come check out the article at Get It Scrapped! and find some great ideas for your next layout!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  GCD Studios; Pearls:  Recollections; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Wooden Alphas:  Pink Paislee; Thickers; American Crafts; Doily:  Hobby Lobby; Trim:  Webster's Pages; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Punch:  Marvy


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO... Love the floral elements you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful LO, Ashley with you and your sweet ballerina! I love how you fussy cut and popped up some of the flowers for this great dimension!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pink flower paper! Cute layout...It's nice to see you in the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't GCD papers beautiful!?!?!? I love them and I loveeeeeeeee this lo!!! LOVING the photos, the colors and love love love the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling! I really love the 3 popped up pink flowers with the pearl accents! What a fun idea! And the other flowers and doilies really make it such a sweet girl page! I also thought the same thing as Tracey, it is fun to see you in a layout too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet- I love the popped up flowers and the soft color palette...great work!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice page Ashley, love the b & w photos with all the pink and the cut out popped up flowers are a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your layout! It is so pretty! Love your pretty papers and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love the popped up flowers, and the colors look great toghether :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love your soft colors, doilies, flowers, and the pp...love this collection! Your fussy cutting is fabulous! Another beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful layout--I really like how you added dimension with the pop dots--just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...gorgeous! My favorite layout by you so far. I love what you did with all the printed papers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...gorgeous! My favorite layout by you so far. I love what you did with all the printed papers.

    ReplyDelete