Friday, September 26, 2014

American Crafts | Inspired by...Shimelle Cards

This week on the American Crafts Blog, the Team has been sharing projects, based on all of the fabulous inspiration floating around out there.  I had two cards up earlier this week, using the Shimelle collection, and wanted to stop in and share them with you today!



How to: I love to mix a variety of colors and add in a touch of black! So for this card I used the Goodall patterned paper and the black alphas from the letter stickers pack to go along with the inspiration image I found on Pinterest. And to add interest to the sentiment I used the large No. 2 from the chipboard pack by mixing it in with my letter stickers.

Supplies: Shimelle (368136) - Goodall, Shimelle (368165) - Dimensional Stickers, Shimelle (368164) - Letter Stickers, Shimelle (368166) - Accent & Phrase Stickers



How to: I started my card by pulling colors from the Shimelle collection, based on the color scheme I found on Pinterest. Then I cut a cardstock base at 11 inches x 4.25 inches and folded it in half. Next, I cut a 5.5 inch x 4.25 inch rectangle from the Dowdy patterned paper and used it to cover the front of my card. I love the versatility of the Photo Overlays so I decided to use one as a pocket on the front of my card. I used a tiny attacher to adhere the transparency to my card, but you could also use machine or hand stitching. I placed one of the journaling cards cut from the Goodall patterned paper to use as my card sentiment and finished it with stickers from the letter stickers pack.

Supplies: Shimelle (368158) - Dowdy, Shimelle (368139) - Hurley, Shimelle (368164) - Letter Stickers, Shimelle (368166) - Accent & Phrase Stickers, Shimelle (368171) - Photo Overlays

Make sure you visit the American Crafts Blog, to check out all of the amazing work that the Design Team shared over this past week!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile

No comments:

Post a Comment