Monday, September 29, 2014

Blinks of Life Guest Designer

I was so excited to receive an email from Natalia Bun, inviting me to guest design for Blinks of Life, using the October Kits, Cinnamon Roll and Sugar & Spice!  The kits have a great mix of patterned papers and embellishments, and I loved creating with them!  I completed a total of five layouts with the Kits, and wanted to stop in today, to share two of them with you.




This was actually my last layout, using the Kit and I wanted to make use of the awesome sticker sheet from October Afternoon.  I decided to repeat my photo and do a photo strip look, and then place the stickers down the side of the photo strip. I cut the large title from the October Afternoon patterned paper, using my Cameo and the Selfies & Usies cut file from The Cut Shoppe.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/199848087/the-selfies-usies-cut-file-consists-of?ref=shop_home_active_14
 



On this layout, I wanted to create a fun look, with the diamond pattern.  I cut squares from three of the patterned papers included in the Sugar & Spice Kit, and added them to the background paper.  I wanted to keep my title and embellishments clustered around the photo, to keep from covering up the diamond background.  And I used the pops of Red, to draw the eye around the page.

If you haven't had a chance to check out Blinks of Life, make sure you stop by for a visit and take a look around!  There are some amazing projects in the Gallery from the Design Team and other October Guest Designers!  And you can take a look at the Cinnamon Roll and Sugar & Spice Kits!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile

No comments:

Post a Comment