Monday, March 16, 2015

Simple Stories | Shape It Up

Last Friday, I was up on the Simple Stories Blog with two new layouts, and I wanted to pop in and share them with you today.  I love using my Silhouette Cameo and die cuts to create fun, unique looks on my layouts.  And every once in a while, I like to do something a little different and use popular shapes to create shaped photos on my layouts!  For my first layout, I used one of the Simple Stories talk bubble shapes.  Did you know, that Simple Stories has lots of fun shapes in the Silhouette store?  Well they do, so make sure you stop by and check them out!


I used the Wood Grain paper from the Life Documented collection as the background for this layout.  Then I ran it through my Cameo and cut three large talk bubble shapes.  After they were cut, I backed each talk bubble shape with my photos.


Since the large talk bubbles were a negative cut, I also wanted to add some smaller positive talk bubbles.  I cut these from four different patterned papers from the Life Documented collection and added pop dots under each one to add some dimension to my layout.


And I also played around with mixing product on this layout.  Most of it is from the Life Documented collection, but I also mixed in wood veneers from the Say Cheese II Collection and some items from the Epic SN@P Pack.

Supplies Used:
Thinking Out Loud Patterned Paper:  7016
It's Your Life Patterned Paper:  7019
Stitch In Time Patterned Paper:  7020
Bold Moves Patterned Paper:  7021
Life Documented Bits & Pieces:  7029
Life Documented Enamel Dots:  7031
Life Documented Icon Stickers:  7040
SN@P Stickers Light:  7059
Say Cheese II Wood Veneer:  4337
SN@P Pack Epic:  7085
On my second layout, I wanted to use a Triangle design.  I used a basic Triangle shape and created several different sizes, and randomly arranged them in Silhouette Studio.  Once the Triangles were cut, I backed them with different patterned papers from the I Am 6x6 paper pad.


Because I was using a square Instagram photo, my printed photo didn't fill in the large Triangle where I wanted to place it.  So I added the photo first behind the Triangle shape, and then used the Yellow diagonal striped paper from the 6x6 paper pad behind the photo to cover the rest of the Triangle.


I wanted to embellish my layout, but not cover all of the patterned papers behind the Triangles, so I chose a few of them to embellish with Stickers, Bits & Pieces, Bradz, and Enamel Dots.
 



Supplies Used:
I Am Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers:  4502
I Am Expressions Cardstock Stickers:  4503
I Am 6x6 Paper Pad:  4522
I Am Bradz:  4527
I Am Chipboard Stickers:  4528
I Am Bits & Pieces:  4529
I Am Enamel Dots:  4531
I Am Stickers:  4532
I Am Wood Veneer:  4541
So if you're looking for a fun way to use some of your Simple Stories products, make sure you check out the coordinating cut files in the Silhouette store.  There are a lot of great shapes to use for your next project!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment