Monday, March 30, 2015

Color Theory Class | For Like Ever

I am sad that the Studio Calico Color Theory class has reached an end!  It was so much fun learning the techniques that Wilna Furstenberg shared each week.  I'm a little behind on the last three lessons, because of so many things going on all at the same time, but I found time over the weekend to complete a layout for Lesson 6 Tints & Shades.




The painting technique for this lesson, gave me a little more trouble than the others.  My first mistake, was placing the paint too far and too low on the right hand side of the cardstock.  I didn't like the placement at all.  So once it dried, I decided to cut around the paint strokes and adhere it to another piece of cardstock, and get it in a better spot.  And my painting technique didn't turn out exactly the way it was supposed to, but I still loved the end result of the layout.

I have two lessons to finish up, and I can't wait to work on those.  Once I have them completed, I'll be back to share them with you!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Wood Veneers, Chipboard, Brads, Enamel Dots, Stickers, & Ephemera:  Simple Stories; Acrylic Paint:  Studio Calico & Reeves; Thickers & Date Stamp:  American Crafts; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment