Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A Flair for Buttons | The Great 8

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from A Flair for Buttons and American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I'm excited to be here today, to share my first post for A Flair for Buttons in 2016!  I love creating large shapes on my layouts, and then filling them with stuff!  It's always fun designing this type of layout.  And what better embellishments to use for filling in space, than Flair Buttons!  I created a large number 8 on my layout, with the Silhouette Cameo Sketch Pens, then added in a mix of embellishments, including flair from the Epic Flair set and the Minimal 2 Flair set.


I love the Black & White flair sets because they can coordinate with any collection.  I used the Happy Place collection from Fancy Pants for this layout, and filled in the 8 with puffy stickers, Bits, wood veneers and my title.  I placed the flair buttons first, to have them balanced inside the shape.


Once I had the inside of the number 8 filled with embellishments, I stitched around the outside with Black embroidery floss for a more defined shape.  I placed my photo to the right of the shape.  And I wanted to bring in a few more patterned papers, so I cut four different patterns from the Happy Place 6x6 paper pad, to add in each corner of the layout.



So next time you're looking for a fun, new way to use your Flair Buttons, try incorporating them into a large shape on your layout.  You can check out the full sets of the Epic Flair and the Minimal 2 Flair in the A Flair for Buttons Etsy shop!
Il_570xN.616597575_f5qg

Il_570xN.420506078_cmfh

 https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment