Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Crate Paper | Kid's Party Decor

Are you ready to party?  I've got you covered with some fun party decor ideas, using the Cool Kid collection from Crate Paper.  It's quick and easy to create customized party decor for your little guy, using patterned papers and embellishments from Cool Kid.


I started my party theme with a star shape.  Stars are always a great icon for boy themed anything.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut five large stars from a mix of patterned papers included in the Cool Kid collection.  On two of the stars, I added the words Happy Birthday, and cut it all out together.  You could save the positive letters from the phrase and find another way to use them in your party décor.


Next up, I grabbed the mason jar from the CP Craft + Office Storage collection.  I knew it would be perfect for a cute star wand display for the birthday table.  The mix of stars looks so fun in the mason jar, and they can also double as a take home favor for the kids!  And if you want to save them for yourself and use them on a layout with the birthday photos, just attach them to a small wooden stick, with a bit of washi tape.  Once the party is over, you can remove the stars and save them for your project.


You can’t have a party, without cupcakes and fun cupcake toppers.  There’s a great mix of die cuts in the Cool Kid Ephemera pack, that you can use to create your own cupcake toppers.  I used the same technique for the cupcake toppers, that I used for the stars in the mason jar.  You could also add some extra embellishing to the Ephemera pieces to customize them even more.  I added a star paper clip to two of the toppers.


I finished off the party décor with a cute party hat!  I found a party hat cut file in the Silhouette Store and cut it from the Brothers patterned paper.  Just use a bit of liquid adhesive and washi tape to secure the edges of the party hat.  The cut file included a topper for the hat, but you could add a pom pom from the craft store and an elastic band, so your party goers can wear their customized hats.


Party themes are endless, with all of the Crate Paper collections that are out there!  If you have a little girl, the Cute Girl collection would be perfect for your party décor.  I hope I’ve inspired you to make your next party one to remember!

SUPPLIES USED:
Purchase scrapbooking supplies from the Scrapbook.com Superstore!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment