Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Pink Paislee | Hello Happy

Hi there!  First off, let me say that I'm so sorry my Blog has been MIA.  Let's just say that I think it would be easier to write code for NASA, than to get a scrapbook Blog reactivated!!  SO, after dealing with the problem for weeks, I decided it was time to just create a new Blog address and kick the other one to the curb.  I will be posting new content here and all of my older Blog posts can be found on this new Blog address.  I hope you'll add the new address to your Blog reader, so you can keep up with things around here.  :)

This week on the Pink Paislee Blog, the Design Team is sharing projects on my favorite season of the year...Fall!  I just had to use the Cedar Lane collection for this layout.  It's one of my all time favorite fall collections, and I've been hoarding it since last year...and still have some left over to save for next year!





I used a white cardstock background for the layout and also cut the leaf from white cardstock. I love the tone-on-tone look with the contrast of the pops of color from the patterned papers. I trimmed three patterned papers from the collection to layer behind the leaf cut file. I placed the die cut in the center of the layout and then stitched around the edges with my sewing machine to add texture.


I wanted my photo, title, and embellishments to be clustered and layered over the leaf die cut, so I placed my photo in the center of the design first. Then I used the gold and silver Thickers from the collection for my title. I love that you can shape these foam Thickers and I was able to curve the words around the leaf shapes. I didn’t want to cover much of the patterned paper and leaf design, so I created a couple of embellishment clusters around the photo and used one of the fun arrow embellishments from the collection above the title.



I hope you’ve found some inspiration today to go all out for fall on your next layout! If you’re out of the Cedar Lane collection, grab some of your other Pink Paislee collections and create your own fall color scheme by pulling out teal, yellow, pink, and brown papers. Then incorporate a fall-themed die cut and you’re all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment