Saturday, October 8, 2016

Crate Paper | Gift Wrap

This past week, the Crate Paper Design Team shared fun ideas for customizing Gift Wrap.  I "wrapped" up the week with a cute Gift Bag and Tag, using the Gather collection from Maggie Holmes.  Making your own Gift Wrap adds a personal touch to a gift, and it can be easier to whip up your own instead of making a special trip to the store.


I used some of the pretty patterned papers and embellishments from the Gather collection, for my gift wrap.  Using a collection you have on hand is a great way to customize your gift wrap.  The Gather collection or Cute Girl collection is perfect for female themed gift wrap or you could use the Cool Kid collection for male themed gift wrap.


The 12x12 papers in the Gather collection can be used to wrap small packages, or you can create a gift bag like I did, using a cut file from the Silhouette Store.  Once the design for my bag was cut, I used some of the Gather Stickers and Ephemera pieces to decorate the front of the bag.  I machine stitched along the center of the two leaves from the Ephemera pack, before adding them to the bag.


I also thought it would be fun to create a tag to go along with the gift bag.  The Gather Ephemera pack includes so many fun pieces and there are several tags.  You could also cut your own tag, if you need a certain size, that’s not available in the Ephemera pack.  I layered some of the other Ephemera pieces over the tag, and thought it would also be fun to add a bit of fringe to the tag.  I cut one of the patterned papers from the 6x6 paper pad to fit behind the tag, then I cut it with a pair of fringe scissors to create the texture.

I love that there are so many possibilities for personalizing your gift wrap, with the Crate Paper collections you have on hand.  And if you’re creating a customized gift wrap for a fellow scrapbooker, I’m sure they would love to incorporate products from the gift wrap into their own projects, once the gift has been given!

No comments:

Post a Comment