Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Crate Paper | Everyday Happy

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Crate Paper and Scrapbook.com to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I can't use the Crate Paper Gather collection by Maggie Holmes, enough!  It's so beautiful and perfect for feminine layouts.  I started this layout by looking through the 12x12 patterned papers for some inspiration.  The Happy Place paper caught my eye, and inspired me to do a fun title design.


I really liked the calendar look of the background paper, so I printed my photo to fit in the last two columns on the page.  Then I had the idea to flip the words for my title in a vertical design, to span the other daily columns on the background paper.  I used a mix of the Blessed Chipboard Phrase stickers, Together Thickers and die cut words to create the long title.


You might notice something a little unusual on this layout...for me, anyway...there is a minimal amount of embellishing!  I really liked the clean look of the layout, once I had the photo and title in place, so I decided to go with less embellishing than I normally use.  The beautiful leaves from the Gather Ephemera pack were perfect for balancing the large title.  Then I used a couple of the leaf stickers from the Accent Stickers pack, with a wood button to create a small cluster on the opposite side of the layout.


   
This was a fun design, and I liked that it was a bit different than what I normally do.  Don't be afraid to try out new design styles, especially if you are in a creative rut.  Trying something new can kick start your creativity, or help you find new ways to use your supplies!

SUPPLIES USED:  
Scrapbook.com: Thousands of scrapbooking supplies. HUGE daily discounts!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment