Saturday, September 1, 2012

ScrapFIT Workout #75

Welcome to September!!  It's the 1st, so that means we have a new Workout up today at ScrapFIT and we would love for you to come play along!!

#75- Trendy Twine 
Twine, twine and more twine!  
We want to see how creative you can be with twine on this Workout. Create a layout or card that showcases your love of twine.
 
Baker's Twine is a big trend right now and I am sure that most of us have some hidden away in our stash!!  :)  Okay, I actually have a whole Zip Lock bag full...but who's counting??!!
 

 
This page used up my last bit of Black baker's twine, but it was definitely worth it!!  I "wrapped" it around two brads to go across my pattern paper and then just tied of the ends.  It's not a "girly" use of the twine, but it helps add some texture to my page and the pattern on the twine reminds me of the stitching on a softball.  

Now it's your turn, to play along, so make sure you link up with us at ScrapFIT.  The prize for this Workout, is the September FITKit from Paper Issues and let me just tell you, that it is AWESOME!!  I received my kit yesterday and I can't wait to use it!!

Here is what the KIt includes:  5 Solid Cardstocks, 9 sheets Echo Park Everyday Eclectic papers; Corrugated Pebbles Thickers, Studio Calico Butterfly Sticker Sheet, Camera Cut-Outs, Cloud Cut-Outs, Studio Calico Wood Veneers, RIbbon, Washi Tape, and an Echo Park Everyday Eclectic Sticker Sheet


You can purchase your very own FITKit, by visiting the Paper Issues Etsy Shop!

Products Used:  Patterned Paper, Stickers, & Chipboard Alphas:  Bella Blvd., Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Brads:  The Paper Studio; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Punch:  EK Success; Pen:  Sharpie

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO, Ashley!! Love the wrapped and tied twine on the fab masculine sport's page!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the colors pop on the dark background. Awesome use of twine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, this is great! you always amaze me with your creative titles, I love how you did this one and how you used the twine, adorable layout! I love all the twine samples on the SF blog, all so different :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, you do such creative layouts. I love how you wrapped the twine with the brads, and yet again you amazed me with yet another fabulous title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout ! I love how the colors pop on the balck background, and love the boyish look. With so many girly patterns and colors, I always appreciate to see layouts that have a more masculine look. Great inspiration to scrap photos of the men in my life :-) I really like how your use of the twine just ties everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout! You have such a knack for putting so many little details together that add the perfect touch to your layouts! Love the title work! Great challenge! I love twine but seem to always forget to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the use of twine on this layout! That Bella paper is awesome, so it's all "tied" together very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute page, Ashley! I love the black background and your striped trims. The baseball strip is perfect for this, and I'm really loving how you wrapped the twine around the brads...I'll have to try that. You always add the perfect details to all your pages...this one is another awesome one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE!! I was instantly intrigued by the "missing g" from your title- I love seeing unique things like that. Very cool. Great design, colors- such a boy layout. Awesome work :)~

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the title and the missing "g" -- see, I would give up and look for different letters! I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you incorporated the twine. The papers are perfect for this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout, Ashley! Love the addition of the twine and the outlined "g"!

    ReplyDelete