Monday, October 20, 2014

Hip Kit Club Online Crop | Happy Together

This weekend Hip Kit Club held it's first Online Crop! Each of the Design Team members posted a challenge for everyone to play along with and we chatted, of course!  I created a Sketch for Challenge #3 and wanted to stop in and share it with you, and the layout I created based on the Sketch.

Before I share the layout and Sketch, there's still time to play along with the challenges by joining the fun on Facebook. You can find the page HERE, and participate in any or all of the challenges!  All entries are due on Tuesday night!

 



My layout was created with the October 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits.  I started out with a colored cardstock background on this layout, but it just wasn't coming together for some reason. I decided to switch to White cardstock from the Cardstock Add-On Kit and play with the Double Scoop Mango Gelato from the October 2014 Stamp Kit. After adding my Gelato color to the cardstock, I started building my layout, by adding layers under my photo. I wanted to incorporate some more of the patterned paper onto my layout, so used my paper cutter to cut several triangles from the Crate Paper patterned paper and added them around the edges of my page. I also added some stamping over my Gelato color once it dried, using the Elle's Studio Sycamore Lane stamp set.

I hope you can check in with the challenges and maybe play along with some before the deadline tomorrow night!  All of the challenges are fun and you don't have to use Hip Kit products to play along.  

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile
 

No comments:

Post a Comment