Thursday, October 2, 2014

Hip Kit Club | Shine Today

Wow!  It's hard to believe, that I've already reached the end of the September Kits from Hip Kit Club!  The October Hip Kit & Add-On Kits is on the way, but for now, I have a new layout and card to share with you, using the September Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!




If you ever wonder about my process for putting a layout together, I'll share a bit about it with you today. I usually like to scrapbook my most recent photos, so I either choose a specific photo or narrow them down. When I started this layout, I had a few photos in mind, but wanted to look through the patterned papers in the September 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits. I really loved the chevron pattern from the Crate Paper Notes & Things collection, so I decided to use it for my background. Then I grabbed the words "Shine" and "Today" from the Studio Calico wood veneer words, to use for my title. I placed the words in the center of the page, and liked the look of it. I decided I wanted a repeating photo, and wanted to place them down the line, where the chevron patterns intersected. I adhered my photos, and then removed the other loose pieces, to add some machine stitching. Then I went back and adhered the title, and placed two of the tags from the Notes & Things Ephemera Pack. And I always like to finish my layouts by adding embellishments, and stamping my date!


If you're in need of a quick masculine card, then look no further than your September 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits. I used the kraft cardstock from the Cardstock Add-On Kit, for the base of my card. And I paired the wood veneer fox from the Teresa Collins wood veneer pack with the chipboard talk bubble from the My Mind's Eye Market Street chipboard sheet. Before I add the fox and talk bubble, I used the wood grain washi tape, on the base of the card. To finish my card sentiment, I added several of the word stickers from the sticker sheets and stitched through them with my sewing machine.

And don't forget that the October 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits are available in the Store!  If you haven't had a chance to check them out, make sure you stop by and take a look!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile
 

No comments:

Post a Comment