Friday, October 31, 2014

American Crafts | Boo Banner

It's Halloween, so I couldn't let today go by, without sharing a Halloween project!  This week on the American Crafts Blog, it's been all about Halloween!  I created a fun Boo Banner, using the Haunted Hollow collection and even have a tutorial to go along with it.  It's a fun project and great to display in your home with your Halloween decor!


1. I started out by choosing three banner pieces from the DIY Shop Notch Banner pack. I left the perforated top on the banner pieces to make my banner size a little larger. Then measure three strips of patterned paper to add to the top of your banner pieces.
Tutorial 1
 
2. Next, add some stitching around the edges of each of your banner pieces. You can use machine stitching or hand stitching.
 
Tutorial 2
 
3. Now you can start building layers for each of your banner pieces. I cut three Spider Web shapes from American Crafts White Cardstock, using my Cameo.
 
Tutorial 3

4. I also used my Cameo to cut the letters for the word Boo and then added some messy stitching to each letter with my sewing machine.
 
Tutorial 4

5. Adhere your die cut Spider Webs to each of the banner pieces and then add pop dots under each of your letters to add some dimension to the banner.
 
Tutorial 5

Tutorial 6
 
6. Once your letters are in place, you can start embellishing each banner piece with stickers from the Accent & Phrase Stickers sheet.

Tutorial 7

7. Use a punch and punch out several star shapes to add to your banner.
 
Tutorial 8

8. Take the twine that is included with the Notch Banner pack and cut three pieces to tie around each of the letters on your banner.
 
Tutorial 9

9. Now you can thread the twine through your banner pieces. I kept my twine doubled to add a little more oomph! 
 
Tutorial 10
 
10. Then flip your banner over and add some strips of washi tape to hold your twine in place.
 
Tutorial 11
 
 
I hope this tutorial has helped to inspire you to create your own Halloween home decor using the Haunted Hollow collection!
 
Supplies:  Supplies: DIY Shop (366652) - Notch Banner, Haunted Hollow (368904) - 12x12 Paper Pad, Haunted Hollow (368675) - Die Cut Cardstock Shape, Haunted Hollow (368677) Accent & Phrase Stickers, Knock Out Punch (KOP63102) - Star
 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile
 

No comments:

Post a Comment