Thursday, December 11, 2014

Hip Kit Club | So Lucky

I always get a little giddy, when my kits arrive each month from Hip Kit Club!  I have to open them up right away, and look at all of the goodies.  And I have to say, that the December 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, is pretty stinkin' awesome!  I love all of the new products from the Amy Tan Stitched collection, and there are some fab wood veneers from Evalicious!  So I'm stopping in today, to share my first layout and card, using this month's Kit!




I love to hand-stitch on my layouts, so I was super excited to see the Amy Tan Comrade Embroidery Stencil, in the December 2014 Embellishment Kit. I wanted to use it, for the title on my layout, to add a fun texture to my page. It's such a great alpha, and it gives you the option to add color with different threads. I used the Teal and Black thread included with the Stencil, to fit in with the color scheme of my layout. And I wanted to use the Washi Tape from the Embellishment Kit, to create some star embellishments for my page. I layered 4 strips of the Washi Tape over the Vellum from the December 2014 Cardstock Add-On Kit, and then punched out the star shapes. I added a touch of adhesive behind each star, and then attached them with machine stitching.


I wanted to create a card featuring the Thickers and Amy Tan rub-ons from the December 2014 Hip Kit Main Kit. I used the Applique patterned paper for my card base, which provided me with lines to follow, to line up the Thickers for my sentiment. And I love that the Amy Tan rub-ons let you add a watercolor look to your projects. I layered one of the heart shapes from the Amy Tan Bits pack, over the rub-on, and finished my card by adding some drops of spray mist.

Make sure you stop by the Hip Kit Shop to pick up a December Kit, before they are sold out!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile

No comments:

Post a Comment