Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hip Kit Club | Two Scoops

Merry Christmas Eve!  I'm stopping in today for a quick post to share a new layout and card for Hip Kit Club, using the December 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits.




I love that the monthly Hip Kits include two sheets of Vellum in the Cardstock Add-On Kit. I wanted to use one of the full sheets this week, to tone down my background paper. I used the Black & White striped patterned paper from Heidi Swapp's Serendipity collection and layered the Vellum over the top. Before machine stitching the Vellum over my background paper, I added a couple of the Amy Tan Bits, in the background, so they would be covered once I attached the Vellum. Then I layered my photo and other elements over the Vellum layer. And I just had to use the Amy Tan Embroidery Stencil Kit again, to create the title of my layout. I kept the color scheme mostly Black & White on my layout, and added in touches of Red and Teal.


The Afternoon Breeze patterned paper from Heidi Swapp, included in the Hip Kit Main Kit, is perfect for creating quick sentiments on your cards. I started with the Kraft cardstock from the Cardstock Add-On Kit for the base of my card, and then covered it with patterned paper from the Amy Tan Stitched collection. I added the Go. Seek.Explore card, cut from the Afternoon Breeze paper as the sentiment for my card. And I wanted to keep the embellishments simple, so I added the enamel dot and star from the Stitched collection and an arrow from the Evalicious puffy stickers.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile

No comments:

Post a Comment