Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Simple Stories | Love Is In the Air

Today I have two brand new layouts on the Simple Stories Blog, and I wanted to share them here too!  I am having so much fun creating with the new I Am and Say Cheese II collections!  And since Valentine's Day is only a few days away, I wanted to share some "love"ly ideas for creating love themed layouts, with these two collections.


I think we all have a tendency to document what we feel are the "best" photos on our layouts.  But I think it's important to also document the not so perfect photos too.  We want our albums to be a record of memories for future generations, so I think that includes the good and the not so good.  The photo I used definitely isn't perfect.  The kids hair was wind blown and our son had his eyes closed, but I love that it showed the bond between the kids.


I started my layout, with the idea to create the heart circle die cut and add water color paint behind it.  Once I had my die cut paper layered over the dry water color paint, I mounted the White cardstock on the Courageous 12x12 paper.  Then I used my sewing machine to add some messy stitched circles around the heart design.


I thought it would be fun to add some dimension to my photo, so I layered it over one of the Interactive Elements.  After my photo was in place, I started adding embellishments from the I Am collection including Decorative Brads, Enamel Dots and Bits & Pieces.

Supplies Used:
Courageous Patterned Paper:  4505
2x2 and 4x6 Elements Patterned Paper:  4512
6x6 Paper Pad:  4522
Bradz:  4527

6x12 Chipboard:  4528
Bits & Pieces:  4529
Enamel Dots:  4531
Interactive Elements:  4537

On my second layout, using the Say Cheese II collection, I wanted to try out a fun trend that's been popping up lately...String Art.  I cut out the letters for the word Love on my Cameo, and then placed them on my background paper.  I traced around the letters, and then used my paper piercer to punch holes for my stitching.



After I back stitched around the edge of each letter, I randomly criss-cross stitched on the letters using Teal embroidery floss to create the String Art look.  I wanted the title in the center of my page, so I added my photo and embellishing at the top.  I chose the Teal striped patterned paper and embroidery floss, to balance out the Pink that was in my photo. 
 


I also thought it would be fun to create some hand cut letters to finish the title for my page.  I used four different papers from the Say Cheese II 6x6 Patterned Paper Pad and my small scissors to cut out the word This.  Once I had the letters in place, I used my sewing machine to add some stitching.



I also created a Process Video, showing how I put this layout together!  I hope you will check it out and Subscribe to my YouTube channel!



Supplies Used: 
Unique Patterned Paper:  4518
2x12, 4x12 & 6x12 Elements Patterned Paper:  4315
6x6 Paper Pad:  4322

Bradz:  4327
Bits & Pieces:  4329
Enamel Dots:  4331
4x6 Stickers Sheet:  4332
Chipboard Frames:  4338

The I Am collection and Say Cheese II collections would also be great, for some of your Valentine's projects or Cards!


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile

No comments:

Post a Comment