Thursday, August 13, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Love Every Moment

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

My August Hip Kit & Add-On Kits arrived this past Wednesday afternoon and by Saturday morning, I had already completed three layouts!  I just couldn’t wait to start creating with all of the awesome papers and embellishments included this month!  The layout I’m sharing today, was actually my third layout, but I decided to share it first, because I had time to create a new process video to go along with it.  First up, here’s a look at the layout!


I love that we receive a variety of Thickers and/or letter stickers in each  month’s Kit.  I thought it would be fun to create an element on my layout, that focused on the different Thickers in this month’s kit.  I used the Woodland Gold Thickers from the Embellishment Kit, the Wildflower Thickers and Wonder Corrugated Thickers from the Main Kit, and the Goodness Thickers from the Project Life Kit.  I started by cutting the heart shape on my Silhouette Cameo, and then I repeated the word Love with the various Thickers, by adhering them to White Cardstock from the Cardstock Add-On.


Before layering the Studio Calico Amelia patterned paper over the White cardstock, I hand stitched around the outside edge with Embroidery Floss.  I didn’t want to cover a lot of the Thickers showing through the heart shape, so I placed my photo on the left hand side and then created embellishment clusters around the photo, above the heart and on the right hand side of the heart.



I finished the layout by completing my title with the Goodness Thickers and the Wonder Corrugated Thickers.  I love to mix up different Thickers sets, to get different looks and textures on my layouts!  And if you would like to see the full process for this layout, you can check out my new Process Video!


This would also be a great technique for using those leftover letters on your Thicker sheets that never get used.  You could paint over the letters once you had them placed on the background or just leave them in their original color for a fun and funky look on your layout!  Make sure you stop by the Hip Kit Website to check out all of the goodies that are included in the August Hip Kits!  I think you will love what you see!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment