Thursday, August 20, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Hello Little One

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I LOVE it when collection Bits packs are included in our monthly Hip Kits...especially adorable ones like the Crate Paper Bits in the August 2015 Main Kit!  I decided to look through the pack and pick out the square and tag shaped pieces to create the main design for my layout.  I started out by adding a large die cut heart to the background, cut from the Simple Stories Yellow/Wood Grid patterned paper in the Main Kit and the August 2015 Paper Add-On Kit.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/201045127/the-notebook-doodles-cut-file-includes-3?ref=shop_home_active_16

After the heart was in place, I used the Bits pieces to create a loose grid design and included my photo in the center of the layout.  I used puffy stickers and wood veneers from Pinkfresh Studio, included in the Main Kit and the August 2015 Embellishment Kit, to embellish the tags around the layout.  And I also had to use that cute "Now" Flair Button from A Flair for Buttons, also included in the Embellishment Kit!



I really like the mix of soft colors in the Kit, and thought they would look great with a Black & White photo.  And the grid patterned paper made it so easy to create the grid design on my layout!

If you're like me...still working with your August Kit, but excited about what's coming up...then you're in luck!  The September 2015 Kit Reveal happened over the weekend, so make sure you head over to the Hip Kit Website to check out all of the amazingness coming your way next month!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment