Monday, August 10, 2015

Illustrated Faith | Child Like Faith

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Illustrated Faith to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.
 
Yesterday I was up on the Illustrated Faith Blog, with something a little different!  I used the new Whatever Is Lovely from Bella Blvd. collection to create a layout, instead of working in my Journaling Bible!  When I hear a story, there is always an image or little “movie” that pops in my head, to go along with it.  One of my favorite images has always been from Matthew 19:14, when Jesus says, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”  During Jesus’ time children were not valued in the same way they are today.  Children worked hard to provide for their families, right along with the adults.  The disciples rebuked those, who were bringing the children to see Jesus, almost as if they were an annoyance and not worthy of Jesus’ time.




But Jesus intervened, and asked that the little children come to Him!  I can see Him bending low to welcome the children and love them as only He could.  And I can also picture the disciples, probably standing to the side, looking a bit confused!!  Most of the time, those guys just didn’t get it!  HA!

I am so glad, that Jesus welcomes children, and to have a church that teaches our children about His love.  They are always so excited to share what they talked about on Sunday mornings in their small groups.  Recently, they attended a week long camp at our church, that incorporated learning Bible verses, signing worship songs, and learning different Bible stories.  On the last day of camp, I snapped a photo of them, right outside the church.

I hope that one day when they are older, the kids can look through my Journaling Bible and learn more about my faith.  But I also want them to remember their faith in action.  What better way to do that, than with their own photos!  I love to create layouts and use paper and embellishments to go along with the story of my photo.  I decided to use the new Whatever Is Lovely collection from Bella Boulevard, to document the photo and add the verse from Matthew 19:14 to the layout.

If you haven’t been able to get your hands on a Journaling Bible, or just don’t feel like it suits you as the creative outlet for journaling your faith, you could give layouts a try.  The photo can even be any photo that you want to use, based on maybe something God has been sharing with you.  And you don’t even have to use a photo at all!  Try a non-photo layout, that’s maybe based on one of your favorite scriptures or worship songs!  There are so many ways to journal your faith!

Supplies: 
Illustrated Faith Whatever Is Lovely Collection by Bella Blvd (coming soon) – Admirable Patterned Paper, Art Prints Patterned Paper, 3×4’s Patterned Paper, Treasures & Text Patterned Paper, Whatever Is Lovely Little Bits, Books of the Bible Little Bits
Illustrated Faith Genesis Collection by Bella Blvd – Bit & Bold Black Eyed Pea, Typed Oh My Heavens, Love It Stickers, Say It – Black & White, IF Pen
Bella Blvd Bell Pepper Enamel DotsBella Blvd Punch Enamel DotsBella Blvd Guacamole Enamel DotsGelatos

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment