Thursday, August 6, 2015

Hip Kit Club | I'm Sweet On You

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Hi everyone!  I’m back today to share a bright, colorful layout for Hip Kit Club using the July 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits.  I’ve been dying to use the October Afternoon Flower Garden paper included in the July 2015 Main Kit and the July 2015 Paper Add-On Kit.  The colors are so pretty.  But since it’s a very busy pattern, I wanted to use it in smaller amounts.  I used one of the fun cut files designed by Kim Watson, and cut two layers for the flowers.  I used the OA paper for the background of the flower and cut the top piece of the cut file from the AC Grapefruit cardstock included in the July 2015 Cardstock Add-On.  And I stitched around each of the flowers before adhering them to the background paper.


Before adhering the flowers to the White cardstock, I added some color using the Abandoned Coral Distress Paint from the July 2015 Color Add-On.  I dabbed the color on some packaging and used a small brush with some water, to paint the color around the circles. I also splattered some of the paint onto the background, using the brush.


I wanted to use a mix of embellishments from the July Kits to create clusters on each side of my photos.  The Elle’s Studio wood veneers and bits, Crate Paper Chipboard and October Afternoon puffy stickers and flair buttons, were perfect for creating dimension and texture around the photos.  I knew I wanted to use the Crate Paper Journey Thickers and the October Afternoon Mason Jar Alphas, from the July 2015 Project Life Kit, for my title.  But I had two problems.  I had already used some of the letters from the OA alphas and I didn’t have some of the ones I needed, and I had the same problem with the Journey Thickers.  So a “W” from the OA alphas, became an “M” and the number 3’s from the Journey Thickers, became “E’s”!



And because I can’t seem to make a layout without having a touch of Black on it, I finished the layout with some splatters of Black Color Shine.  I’ve loved creating with the July 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, and now I’m looking forward to the August Kits!  There are some of my favorite new goodies in the August Kits, including products from Pinkfresh Studio and Crate Paper!  If you haven’t had a chance to check them out, make sure you head over to the Hip Kit Website and pick your favorite kit…or all of them…before they sell out!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment