Thursday, September 24, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Awesome Emma

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I love it when I have an idea, and the end result turns out completely different.  When I started this layout, using the September 2015 Hip Kits & Add-On Kits, I wanted to use the Elle's Studio Stamp Set and Distress Markers, included in the September Color Add-On Kit.  As you can tell, no stamped letters made it on the layout!  But I did get a great design element from my original idea.


This layout was very easy to put together...which I like!  I started the design by placing my photo at the top of the page and then used three of the phrases from the Crate Paper Wonder Die Cut Words in the September 2015 Main Kit.



I continued adding a mix of words, chipboard pieces and Washi Tape strips.  All of these items are included in the September 2015 Embellishment Kit.  I like the mix of different textures and dimension and the fun look of all of the different typography.


I finished up the layout, by adding just a few of the Amy Tangerine Finders Keepers Enamel Dots and some machine stitching for added texture.  This type of design is easy to do with the monthly Hip Kits, because there is such a big mix of embellishments, Thickers and letter stickers included in all of the Kits!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment