Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Flair for Buttons | My Fave

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from A Flair for Buttons and American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Who doesn't love a good selfie...and even better a family selfie!!  We try to take family selfies anytime we are traveling (if we can get everyone to sit still for 10 seconds).  I have several photos from a trip in May that still need to be scrapbooked, so I chose this one of me with the kids and used three flair buttons from the Selfie Flair set in the A Flair for Buttons Shop.


I printed my photo a little under 5x7 and then used the Flair Buttons and a mix of product from the Dear Lizzy Documentary collection, to frame in the photo.  I started the layout by doing a tone on tone die cut look with the background paper, using the You Gotta Have Heart background cut file from The Cut Shoppe.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/195870509/the-you-gotta-have-heart-cut-file-is-a?ref=shop_home_active_11


I placed the Flair Buttons on three sides of the photo and then balanced the colors from the Thickers and embellishments around the four sides of the photo.  I love the way the embellishments and flair buttons create different dimensions around the large photo.



You can stop by the A Flair for Buttons Shop and check out the Selfie Flair!  It's great if your selfie photos just include you or a whole bunch of family or friends! 

Il_570xN.641517631_kntj


Supplies:  Flair Buttons:  A Flair for Buttons; Patterned Paper, Thickers, Puffy Stickers, Stickers, Bits, Wood Buttons, Phrase Stamp, & Cork Bow:  American Crafts; You Gotta Have Heart cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment