Monday, September 14, 2015

Simple Stories & The Cut Shoppe Product Swap!

This past week, Simple Stories and The Cut Shoppe got together for a fun Product Swap.  I was up on Saturday for the final day of the swap and wanted to stop in and share my layouts with you today!

One of my favorite looks to use on a layout, is a large die cut backed with multiple patterned papers.  I started this layout by cutting the I Heart Plaid cut file from the So Very Loved patterned paper in the We Are Family collection.  Once the heart finished cutting, I used a mix of patterned papers from the collection to back the inside shapes of the heart.  This is a great technique if you're using papers from a 6x6 paper pad, or have a lot of scrap pieces that you want to use up!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/246935237/the-i-heart-plaid-cut-file-is-a-large?ref=shop_home_active_8

https://www.etsy.com/listing/246935749/the-tall-type-alpha-includes-all-the?ref=shop_home_active_1


After I finished backing all of the open spaces on the heart, I added it to the center of the layout.  Then I backed the words in the title, that I also cut on the Cameo, with some of the same patterned papers.  I wanted to add a positive and negative look to the title around the heart, so I also cut the word "Heart" from the Tall Type cut file set.  I wanted the word to stand out, so I enlarged the letters and cut them from the Making Memories patterned paper.


When the title work was finished, I added my photo to the center of the heart.  I like to layer my photo and embellishments over the die cut elements, to give dimension to the layout.  I also like to draw attention to my photo, by clustering various embellishments, so I added some of the Bits & Pieces, stickers and wood veneers from the collection.
 


Supplies:
#4702 - Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers
#4703 - Expressions Cardstock Stickers
#4705 - Perfect Together Patterned Paper
#4706 - Dreaming Big Patterned Paper
#4707 - Simply Us Patterned Paper
#4708 - Making Memories Patterned Paper
#4709 - So Very Loved Patterned Paper
#4715 - 2x12, 4x12 & 6x12 Elements Patterned Paper
#4727 - Bradz
#4728 - Chipboard Stickers
#4729 - Bits & Pieces
#4731 - Enamel Dots
#4738 - Chipboard Frames
#4751 - Wood Veneers

On my second layout, I used the Tall Type cut file to create a large title element.  I cut the title letters from the Pumpkin Spice Simple Basics Apple Cider/Gingham patterned paper.  Then I placed the title and photo on the Acorn/Gingham background paper in a vertical design.



https://www.etsy.com/listing/246935749/the-tall-type-alpha-includes-all-the?ref=shop_home_active_1




I wanted to balance the vertical look of the title and photo, with a horizontal embellishment grouping.  I placed several different types of embellishments from the Pumpkin Spice collection on both sides of the photo.  Once the embellishments were in place, I added some machine stitching to add texture and interest to the embellishing.


And here's a fun side note about something on this layout.  See the patterned paper triangles in the corner?  Those were left over from the "Fall Is My Happy Place" layout from last month.  My first round of triangles for the quilt design on that layout, ended up being just a bit too large for the design.  So I thought it would be fun to add some quick machine stitching and place one of the triangles in each corner on this new layout.  That's why it's a good idea to keep things like that lying around for future layouts!



I hope you've found some inspiration today for using die cuts on your layouts.  It's a great way to add your own unique look to a project, and some patterned paper from your favorite Simple Stories collection + your electronic die cut machine can go a long way in creating fun looks on your projects!
Supplies:
#4602 - Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers
#4603 - Expressions Cardstock Stickers
#4604 - Autumn Splendor
#4605 - Fall Delight
#4509 - Pumpkin Everything
#4617 - Apple Cider/Gingham
#4621 - Acorn/Gingham
#4627 - Bradz
#4628 - 6x12 Chipboard
#4629 - Bits & Pieces
#4631 - Enamel Dots
#4683 - Chipboard Frames

And, you can still save 30% off of your purchase in The Cut Shoppe through tomorrow!  The Discount Code also includes the new Let's Cut Class Lesson 01, so don't miss out on getting it for the discounted price!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment